• Register Today It's free!

Zone body lift

bigcoop92

Reaction score
City, State
Mitchell Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Ford Explorer xlt
has anyone used the zone 98 00 ford ranger body lift instead of the performance accessories on a 3rd gen explorer

has anyone used the zone 98 00 ford ranger body lift instead of the performance accessories on a 3rd gen explorer

Are you talking Zone Off-road? If so, I bought the 2" blocks directly from them and used those, along with new hardware from the 1.5" body lift thread, just add a half inch to all those bolts listed there.
There was a ranger kit listed in the body lift thread, not sure if they are the same or not.

The 2" doesn't require the steering shaft adapter. And watch out on the braided tubing break lines at the abs block. I broke one of those while lifting. It could've been avoided easily. Also the front bumper cover will fit without modding with the 1.5 and 2" blocks.

Are you talking Zone Off-road? If so, I bought the 2" blocks directly from them and used those, along with new hardware from the 1.5" body lift thread, just add a half inch to all those bolts listed there.
There was a ranger kit listed in the body lift thread, not sure if they are the same or not.

The 2" doesn't require the steering shaft adapter. And watch out on the braided tubing break lines at the abs block. I broke one of those while lifting. It could've been avoided easily. Also the front bumper cover will fit without modding with the 1.5 and 2" blocks.
Yes the zone off-road and I've been thinking about just the inch and a half body lift cause I'm gonna run 3 inch btf spacers to it says they clear 33's alone but I'm gonna have deep dish rims so figure the inch and a half will give it that extra little bit of clearance

Yes the zone off-road and I've been thinking about just the inch and a half body lift cause I'm gonna run 3 inch btf spacers to it says they clear 33's alone but I'm gonna have deep dish rims so figure the inch and a half will give it that extra little bit of clearance
Just go with 2" blocks ordered directly from zone off-road and add at least a half inch to an inch to the hardware list in the 1.5" lift thread and you should be good to go.
I had a very difficult time trying to cut the 3" blocks in half. The 2" worked great only issue I ran into was with the braided brake lines off the abs block. Mine was a northern truck and one of those lines broke at the braiding crimp. Only because I wasn't watching for it everything else went without issue.
I cut the zip ties on the fuel filler line and re tied after it was lifted. The steering shaft telescoped out fine too. If you get a ranger kit with the adapter fine. If not no worries.

I will add that the hitch will flex the rear bumper down a little bit. I trimmed a triangle out of mine on one side but had a Dremel issue and didn't get to the other side. I was able to also mount the front bumper cover without modification.

Back