ZORQUE'S 1998 Ford Ranger S.A.S. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ZORQUE'S 1998 Ford Ranger S.A.S.

This idea has been in my head now for a good bit, plans of pulling this torsion bar b/s out of my 98 ranger and going solid. Running this year in mud bogs we are using a 96 ranger with ttb style suspension but is outfitted with a 2.3 4cyl and 5.13 gears with absolutely no power. So this end of summer/winter project is to go solid in my current daily driver since it has a v6 and it would just be bad*ss

Has anyone here done this body style and can give me any ideas/pointers? I have a dana 44 out of early bronco and plan to find a 9" rear for the back :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check the sas thred for 95 up explorers, front suspenion is the same as a 98 ranger

what size tires are you running on the 4cyl ranger, i always wondered ho they would do with a good gear

will do i just need ideas 1st of how to do a sas on a 98 ranger...

check the sas thred for 95 up explorers, front suspenion is the same as a 98 ranger

what size tires are you running on the 4cyl ranger, i always wondered ho they would do with a good gear

has 36 12.50 15 swamper tsl's on the black soft 8's

your SAS will be exactly like it was on your 94 Explorer except the steering box is different so you will need to get a 1st gen steering box and mount that to your frame.

your SAS will be exactly like it was on your 94 Explorer except the steering box is different so you will need to get a 1st gen steering box and mount that to your frame.

steering box fromm?

think im just going to junk yard and getting a bII on 80s ranger with a 2.9 with 5spd and throwing my rears in that:thumbsup:

Back