Near Bloomington, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 4x4
One of these.....

Attachments

• Idea for carrier.jpg
    Idea for carrier.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 8,482

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With a little modification......who knows. Are these things in the junk yards?

Im checking to see if an older s10 swing rack will work on mine, just having a bit of trouble getting from the guy. Ill let you know what I find.

the problem to overcome would be that the X's hatch is not like that of the blazer. You'd have to fab something up to bolt the carrier to, since the area above and below the tail-light is much different.
I'd love to see this though, it's look really good IMHO, a little ingenuity and some elbow grease and you're in business! :)

Well I called and they are cheap anyway.....so thats a good start. I found three in one junkyard $50 a piece.

Jimcom I see what you are saying. I wonder if a person could make some sort of internal brace and bolt through the body or just make something off of the bumper?!

Ok, I picked one up and yes even though the spacing is about the same it isn't a fit by any means. So I am going to attach it to the bumper. I think I will cut the top section off at the brace and cap it and relocate the arm down next to the other one.........hard to explain.

sweet wating on pics of when it is done..

Well my digital camera is :thumbdwn:

Attachments

• Latch.jpg
    Latch.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,558
  • Tire Carrier Mounted.jpg
    Tire Carrier Mounted.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,556
  • Tire Carrier.jpg
    Tire Carrier.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,553

looking good :thumbsup:

Thanks. I decided for strength I had better attach it to the bumper. :) The camera crapped out so you can't see the hinge or how it's attached.

If I did it again I would radius the diagonal support arm so it fit in with the rest of the carrier instead of just shooting straight down the way it does.

I like your bumper projects nice work dude.

Here is a picture before I ground down any of the welds or get it blasted.

Attachments

• Rear Bumper Carrier.jpg
    Rear Bumper Carrier.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 1,534
  • Hinge1.jpg
    Hinge1.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 1,564

Looks good. Can you post a pic of your snorkel (some from the outside, and some at the air box)?

Sure. Email me if your serious about this because there is a ton of little things that may turn you off to doing this on the drivers side anyway.

Attachments

• Ram head.jpg
    Ram head.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,467
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 3,059
  • The Pill Installed.jpg
    The Pill Installed.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,443
  • Tight Clearance.jpg
    Tight Clearance.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 2,021

Oh ok, thanks. I've seen that setup before. I plan on doing it on the pass. side instead, and coming out the fender (like 75% of the snorkels on this site are made). Thanks for the pics. :)

bmxking5 said:
Oh ok, thanks. I've seen that setup before. I plan on doing it on the pass. side instead, and coming out the fender (like 75% of the snorkels on this site are made). Thanks for the pics. :)

Thank you. Good Luck bud. I was just looking at you SAS thread.....Dayum dude... :thumbsup:

FORADER said:
I like where the snorkel comes out. So is the bumper/tire carrier finished?

Almost. :) I want to get it all blasted and powder coated at the same time and save $$$. I have the sliders 90% done. Front bumper needs a few things and the roof rack is still just a pile of steel and aluminum......soon, soon.

nice, good idea, that looks sharp, I may copy you some day, but I'll probably figure out a way to incorporate some bearing system

Con Seann3ry said:
nice, good idea, that looks sharp, I may copy you some day, but I'll probably figure out a way to incorporate some bearing system

Thanks,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I have a pair of pillow blocks off an assembly line and thought about using them but then decided to sleeve it and put in a grease zirk for easy maintenance. I would like to see it when you build it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

blueox said:
Thanks,

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I have a pair of pillow blocks off an assembly line and thought about using them but then decided to sleeve it and put in a grease zirk for easy maintenance. I would like to see it when you build it.

Yeah, either will work pretty equally I assume. When I build it I'll definately make sure to post some pictures but it's a little ways down my list of things to do.

Back