New profile posts | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

New profile posts

sat in the explorers a/c for ten minutes shut it down and went in the house to change my shirt and a bite to eat.. returned to explorer to go to the store and explorer won't start.. just cranks turn it ran amazing 10 minutes prior what happened... turnkey to on position and fuel pump primes I can't figure it out
2022 Explorer Limited Hybrid
Y
Yellabiker57
Bought a 2005 Expedition and it's an excellent Suv so far . The motor is strong and body and interior is immaculate the tires are going to need replacing next month but I love it itsxa great ride.. I'm Mike . From San Diego
The first thing I did after buying my Explorer was to find a community where I could learn about my Explorer, read thru posts and find advice. I sincerely thank my fellow members for their help and advice. You’re a great group of people!
I bought a $3200, ‘99 4WD Pathfinder, 126,821 mi, solid body, extremely clean. I need a new forum. Again, thanks to y’all and good bye. Nancy
I had my ‘94 Explorer 17 yrs. In that time I was blessed with an 85% run time and repairs cost under $5K. She has been a blessing to me.
During the last 8 yrs my Ex developed issues that I couldn’t fix and couldn’t justify paying $120/hr labor.
I shopped 10 mos for an SUV, finally got one & sold the Ex, 336,788 mi, to LKQ (a U-pull) for $680. Her legacy goes on helping Ford owners repair their Explorers.
2016 Explorer Sport Twin Turbo EcoBoost - Shadow Black
2003 Mustang GT Delux Coupe - Zinc Yellow
2000 Ford Ranger 4x4 - Dark Highland Green Metallic
Hey guy so I'm a new member and honest with you know not about vehicles. I have a 2002Ford explorer 4.0 V6 4x4 transmission went out and my bf and his friend was replacing the old with the newer transmission this afternoon. They got everything bolted well the transmission up but im not sure on this but shouldn't the torque converter an flywheel have been put on before the transmission
Reactions: 60Johndeer
Mbrooks420
Mbrooks420
It’s a flex plate, and not a flywheel in an automatic transmission, but yes. They might have used the old one, which is probably full of debris of the last transmission grenaded.

Never reuse a torque converter after a trans failure. The lines also need cleaned or replaced.
I need some help.working on my sister in laws 2007 Ford explorer with a 4.0L.it has a crank no start issue.we replaced the fuel pump and added 5 gallons of gas but the gage won't read it now.still a crank no start issue.i haven't looked into a whole lot but will hook my scanner up tomorrow to look at any possible codes and read pressures and so on.just looking for suggestions or ideas on what could be the problem?
joney
joney
M
Mbutcher
I will look into that page tomorrow.i hooked up my scan tool to it and got a lot of codes,they are sending me in multiple different directions for wiring issues as well as sensor issues.hopefully I can follow the codes cause I hate wiring stuff lol thanks for the help though I will look at that page
bikerchick4God
bikerchick4God
Is there anyone who likes wiring stuff?
A 2000 Mercury Mountaineer stolen ignition torn out of column column wires also pulled out so we replaced entire column truck cranks won't start starting fluid in the intake in a run but then dies 5th light on – blinks fast I can't get it started I don't know what to do I need help please somebody help me
Mbrooks420
Mbrooks420
You’ll need to restore the PATS system. The wiring that’s damaged is probably related to this. Start a thread, and you’ll get real help. This is just a comment on your profile.
Mbrooks420
Mbrooks420
Reactions: Bobbytt
2000 Mercury Mountaineer steering column starting issues
joney
joney
Welcome! Check out the 2nd Generation forum here! Somebody will have an idea when you start a thread on your issues.
Ok so I have a 2014 explorer base package. When I have my defroster on it makes a hissing sound that’s constant. But when I turn it on to regular fan mode it stops hissing. What could the problem be?
Mbrooks420
Mbrooks420
Sounds like a vacuum issue. I’d make an actual thread in the forum for 2014 explorers. This is just a post on your profile, and won’t get much attention.
2017 explorer I installed a 390amp alternator and was wondering if I needed to have anything done to make the ECM recognize it. My interior lights still dim when a crank up my stereo system.
F
Fbird
ecm has nothing to do with HOW much the alt puts out. The only thing the ecm is looking for in minimum voltage of system. Check your connections and most importantly check the batt,engine,alt GROUNDs.
D
DJE75
You did upgrade your ground and the positive cable from the alternator to the battery? For 390 amps you will need a 4/0 copper cable to the ground and the positive to the battery from the alternator. Any smaller and it will get too hot from resistance in the cable and burn the positive lug off the alternator at a minimum and possible catch the insulation from the cables on fire.
Mbrooks420
Mbrooks420
Start a thread in the audio section, this is just comments on your profile.