• Register Today It's free!

Timeline 2013 Explorer Sport

JarHead,

Thanks for posting this yesterday. This dealership is only about a half hour away from me so I test drove it after work and placed an order. RubyRed. Salesman said hell get me a VIN by end of next week, then 5-6 weeks for delivery.

No problem!

I live about an hour from that dealership. If it was black I might have cancelled my order since I have heard nothing, and bought that one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi guys.

For those who have taken delivery of the '13 Sport, can you tell me, how does the ride compare to a non-Sport equivalent?

I've heard some reports that the ride is a bit harsher, but still not too bad for day-to-day commutes. I ordered a Sport that doesn't come in for another 6 weeks, and there do not seem to be any local to me that I can test drive. I drove a Limited recently, and was impressed how the suspension seemed to "swallow" bumps well...just concerned that the Sport will ride too rough for me.

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

Car and Driver article

Hi guys.

For those who have taken delivery of the '13 Sport, can you tell me, how does the ride compare to a non-Sport equivalent?

I've heard some reports that the ride is a bit harsher, but still not too bad for day-to-day commutes. I ordered a Sport that doesn't come in for another 6 weeks, and there do not seem to be any local to me that I can test drive. I drove a Limited recently, and was impressed how the suspension seemed to "swallow" bumps well...just concerned that the Sport will ride too rough for me.

Have a look at the following: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-explorer-sport-first-drive-review

Mine comes into the dealer on Tuesday (Oct. 9th) so should have it in the next few days. I'll let you know if nobody else responds.

The dealer we purchased through, the fleet manager is a family friend, he sent my wife an email to let us know that or 2013 sport will be delivered on or around the 31st.... Sweeet!!!

Why hasn't anyone posted any pics yet? Even when you search Google for pics all you get are the ones from Ford or from random sites giving reviews. Someone post up some pics! Someone has to have one by now

Why hasn't anyone posted any pics yet? Even when you search Google for pics all you get are the ones from Ford or from random sites giving reviews. Someone post up some pics! Someone has to have one by now

Your not looking hard enough. Check out zackcrazy. "The waiting is over".

In other news... MY WINDOW STICKER SHOWED UP THIS MORNING!!!

:) pardon the caps, sooo excited. Should be built on the 17th, and I should have it by the end of the month.

:) pardon the caps, sooo excited. Should be built on the 17th, and I should have it by the end of the month.

Nice! Congratulations! Still waiting on mine.

CONGRATS!!!! I got my VIN this morning, which was a great way to start the day with the good news from Cory! I can't wait to see pics & I'm not talking about pics of that Yaris beauty

Ordered mine 2 days ago and it already feels like months. I have sympathy for those who actually have been waiting that long...

Dealer said 6-8 weeks - I'm curious how accurate this is. They also mentioned that they may be able to trade out with another dealer if that dealer is willing to do that. Unfortunately, the only dealer within a 300 mile radius with a comparable model declined.

I ordered tuxeduo black - but very curious how the ignot silver looks - anyone have links to real pictures?

Congrats to those who have gotten theirs...

Cory - it looks like you have been very helpful to others about tracking their order. Are you still offering your kind services?

Well it's about time! :) You put your order in when. June?

Congrats, 13Sport. You deserve it.

Had some bad news last week, my build date was pushed until the 18th.

On a better note:
My window sticker showed up this morning. :)

I must be getting closer.

A tad harder....

Hi guys.

I got mine finally yesterday and can say it's just a tad harder ride. I'll be taking it over some rougher roads today, including railroad crossings and will let you know how it handles. Really, it's not sports car hard by any measure, and it effectively soaks up most bumps on the road. Handles nicely in my opinion for such a large vehicle.

Everyone’s posts suggest an upcoming flood of Explorer Sport pics (I can’t wait!). If you haven’t already, PM me your order information (VIN and/or order number + dealer name/state). I’ll keep you in the loop with the latest statuses. :D

BTW, the window sticker URL usually updates about a week before it rolls off the line:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

CONGRATS!!!! I got my VIN this morning, which was a great way to start the day with the good news from Cory!...
I’m really glad it made your morning, Nola20. :thumbsup:

...Cory - it looks like you have been very helpful to others about tracking their order. Are you still offering your kind services?
NimbleNadzz,

You know it! Please see my note above for what I need to look it up.

Cory

Thanks Cory ( and Crystal ). I already have a VIN #! Very exciting... Now I wait for the sticker/build date?

Your post just made me call my dealer again asking what the F. I ordered 3 weeks ago and have yet to get an order number. I leave a message every week and get a return call saying, "I haven't heard anything back yet".

Your post just made me call my dealer again asking what the F. I ordered 3 weeks ago and have yet to get an order number. I leave a message every week and get a return call saying, "I haven't heard anything back yet".

That sounds like BS from the dealership. I walked out with the order print-out on the day I ordered it. It had the order # along with all the other relevant information.

Did you get any paperwork at all?

That sounds like BS from the dealership. I walked out with the order print-out on the day I ordered it. It had the order # along with all the other relevant information.

Did you get any paperwork at all?

I walked out with a receipt for the deposit I gave them and factory order receipt, which had my name and what I wanted. No options on that paper though. My dealer called me back tonight and said I had an order number since the day you ordered. I wanted to grab him through the phone. I have been asking every week. He only gave me this after I also called and left a message with the fleet manager.

I walked out with a receipt for the deposit I gave them and factory order receipt, which had my name and what I wanted. No options on that paper though. My dealer called me back tonight and said I had an order number since the day you ordered. I wanted to grab him through the phone. I have been asking every week. He only gave me this after I also called and left a message with the fleet manager.

Well - glad to hear that you got your order number. I wonder why they were hesitant to pass on that information and/or drag you along? Hmmmm... it makes me suspicious....

I'm not sure where I read it ( somewhere on this forum ), but I'm a tad bit worried about my sport being sold out from under me... There seem to be stories of sales people selling your car without even knowing it was ordered by a customer. I'm curious if by withholding your order # it would somehow allow them to be more flexible should they make more money from someone else. But this isn't necessarily a well thought out scenario - just the paranoia speaking :) Perhaps someone with sales experience can shed some light on the possibilities here?

In any case, I hope the fine people over in services aka Cory ( in my case Crystal ) have some good news for you now that you have that order number.

Keep us posted...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got mine finally yesterday and can say it's just a tad harder ride. I'll be taking it over some rougher roads today, including railroad crossings and will let you know how it handles. Really, it's not sports car hard by any measure, and it effectively soaks up most bumps on the road. Handles nicely in my opinion for such a large vehicle.

Thanks Tazcubed...let me know how it goes after a few days of driving...

Back