Body Work & Detailing | Page 254 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Body Work & Detailing

Waxing washing, wheel cleaning and body work. This is the place to discuss those topics.
I have a quick question that has been bugging me since i bought my 02' 3 years ago. On my 02' Sport I have the removable bag option, however I have a problem with my console. I'm not sure if you can or can't lift the console up, but mine does not lift up. I would think it should lift up, but I've never been able to see another Explore with this option.
this is posted in the ranger thread 2. I thought it'd get some more action here. (delete if needed) Anyone seen the Fiberwerx F-150 front clip conversion for Rangers? (and Explorers) The whole deal flips forward fenders and all held in place on the side with Jeep looking clips and pins on the top front. I always thought Rick's conversion was pretty cool and this is pretty different too. At $700 i'd hate to roll my truck and destroy all that fiberglass though. Here's the link to their site: www.fiberwerx.com
I was going through the carwash the other day with my X, and I forgot to put down the power antenna (the guy didn't remind me to put it down). Needless to say, the carwash gave me a shaven antenna free of charge :( . I was just wondering if any of you have replaced the factory atenna for an aftermarket one, with perhaps a bit more style. Pics would be awesome...
Per Autopia's recommendation, I am going to place an order with PakShak towels. A ? - how many 245x24 towels are needed to remove wax from an Explorer? I figure if I fold it into a 12" by 12" square, I will have 8 distinct areas to remove wax. I want to do 3 coats of Zaino per day, and I figure 2-3 towels per coat (since Zaino goes on lightly, Microfiber should hold a bit). My order would include 8 24x24 towels, and 2 16x16 as backup in case I need more. Does this seem logical? Thanks... :) (And yes - I am getting one Waffle Weave for drying after the Mr. Clean no dry [seems illogical, but if water remains, dirt will stick) and 3 ultra fine towels for between wax wipedowns with the Zaino gloss spray)
Hey guys today I was washing the expo and while I was washing the back end of the truck by the tailgate i noticed some serious gouge marks that had been made by the rear window wiper. It looks like the person who owned the car before me had a friggin field day slamming this wiper into the rear hatch :fire: , I mean all kinds of huge gouges. I definetly want to get them fixed but what type of wiper blades should I get so that I don't have to worry about them again scratching my lovely black paint?
Since this is a repair-related topic, but since there is much debate over if the windshield is part of the "body" or not (whereas repairing a windshield is or is not body work,) please move this thread if it is better suited to another Sub-Forum, thanks. Since I've lately been curious about windshield replacements after hearing the EPA has given incentive to insurance companies to provide glass repair and replacement at little to no cost upfront, among other arrangements, due to landfill problems with auto glass, I thought I would make a thread where you can tell me / just discuss what policies you have and which ones work for you for your glass repair needs. Mine does not currently cover this whatsoever, so if I got a chip that cracked...
Don't know if this is the right section but anyway, i am just wondering if anyone has replaced the stock seats ( front anyway ) for a set of offroad seats with the harnesses. i noticed that there are companies that make them for jeeps but what about the X. Where can one purchase a set? Your thoughts please...
I am going to be working on my Explorer now that weather is nicer out. It is a 2004 and has 142,000 miles on it. I am going to do the work myself. My goal is to remove as much rust as possible and clean up the paint chips. Remove rust on the rocker panels. Replace with herculiner and then paint over that with color coded paint that matches the vehicle. Clean inside the doors. Clean up some paint chip areas. I will be looking through the forums for help on the project but I wanted to start a thread so that I can post pictures when completed. Any advise or tips please share if you will. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5thY-8rCuLWMzRiWF94T3VuLTQ/view?usp=sharing...
Back