Offroad Projects | Page 98 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Offroad Projects

Big projects... Lifts, Swaps, etc... IMPORTANT As the subject use your name, or the name of your truck, and the name of the project. Such as Superlift 5.5" installation, Dana 44 conversion, etc.

Solid Axle Swap Registry

If you have completed a solid axle swap on your Explorer and would like to share the results with others this is the place to do it:D This isn't the place to talk about a work in progress, rather a place for the FINAL results, specs, instructions etc
Threads
Threads

Shocks, Suspensions, Lift Kits

Ford Explorer and Ranger chassis related posts. Get help choosing the right shock absorber and aftermarket suspension for your Explorer or Ranger based vehicle.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Drivelines

Ford Explorer and Ranger Transmissions, Transfer Cases, Driveshafts and Axles.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Fabrication - Bumpers, Sliders, Cages etc.

For the Ford Explorer and Ranger entusiasts who like to build their own rock sliders, bumpers, rollcages etc.
Threads
Threads

Offroad Accessories

All of the extra goodies we need. Winches, recovery gear, on board air etc...
Threads
Threads
For those of us who have D44 front axles, when do you replace the ball joints? I have a tiny amount of wiggle in the passenger lower joint that when I greased it up went away. Its been bugging me since I noticed it last month. They are AutoZone lifetime joints that I got when I did the swap due to time constraints, planning on upgrading later. Would you replace passenger side with same AZ joint under warranty? Replace all 4 with these https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=203292&cc=1120723&jsn=497? Or these https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=10318100&cc=1120723&jsn=500? Or, my favorite: Keep an eye on it until it shows more wear??
Hey guys its BeastMode. Like I said before I bought my mountaineer from a close friend who was planning on building it but decided to go another route. I picked up up in great condition and decided to pick up where he left off. I been meaning to start this thread so I could get a little more insight on the explorers/mountaineers 5.0L. So far what I have done is..... I do have another motor that is built for the mounty. Its another 5.0 that has a lot of machine work done and e303 racing cam. I plan on running roller rockers and 24-30lb injectors. And get it tuned correctly. Lowered the front torsion bars 6.5 turns and put a 3inch block on the rear axle. Added 1 inch spacers in the front and 2inch spacers in the rear. Currently...
Hello everyone, Dean is here again. As I've told you in my introduction post, I'm using my Explorer for commuting purposes mostly, rarely to transport some equipment and stuff. A few weeks ago, I've noticed that running boards are actually not quite helpful in protecting the vehicle's paint from flying rocks, sand and mud. Will add a set of rear fender flares and some rubber mud flaps on it. What other mods I can install on my Explorer to protect it better?
What’s up everyone? I’ve recently hit a deer with my Explorer. It’s at the body shop and they’re just about done with it, BUT they can’t find a front grille for this thing. Ford has it on back order with no eta. I’ve only had the vehicle a month so this is driving me nuts. We’ve checked all over. The part number is JB5Z-8200-BD. Can anyone help with any suggestions? Thanks Joe
Back