Where do i get a solid axle conversion kit...and how much? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Where do i get a solid axle conversion kit...and how much?

Okay, so everybody was 1/2 right. IF you have a 91-94, you can buy a SAS kit. If you have a 95+, there is no such thing.
you are very right about that so that is why i am thinking about putting my second gen on a 99 ford f350 that has the 7.3 already

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you are very right about that so that is why i am thinking about putting my second gen on a 99 ford f350 that has the 7.3 already
That's probably the best route.

99 7.3 is a one year thing
They have some odd things going on in 99 and it’s just the one year. 99 has its own turbo and intercooler plumbing. 99 was first year of the turbo and intercooler together and they used some 1’year parts, injectors as well
many of the parts were changed in 2000
Consider a 00-04 7.3 instead!!!

99 7.3 is not bad but the 00-04’is better

Would the engine compartment of the 96 Explorer even fit over the 7.3?

Would the engine compartment of the 96 Explorer even fit over the 7.3?
I won't say it can't be done, be interesting to see the solution

I won't say it can't be done, be interesting to see the solution
Big shoe horn or a lot of cutting.

Twinkie GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

is it easier to transfer the body off the explore to a f350 frame with the axles and motor already set

One of our members did this on an F250 with a straight six. He shortened the F250 frame and did a body swap. Turned out very well.

One of our members did this on an F250 with a straight six. He shortened the F250 frame and did a body swap. Turned out very well.

That's one cool project!

Back