Recent content by 19krpm | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by 19krpm

1. 1

4.0L P0172 P0174

Well I finally got around to finish compression testing the passenger side. Problem solved!? Or at least found. Broken spring. Looks like the valve still closes partially. Doesn’t appear to have struck the piston. No compression though. Leakdown test blows straight through the exhaust. I was...
  2. 1

Injector wiring pinout

Fuel injector testing process I meant to take a video of the injector checking process, but my injector tester quit working just after my last test. I did take some pictures which may help someone in the future. The injectors connect at the grey 104 pin connector at the firewall, not...
  3. 1

Injector wiring pinout

Thank you! Those defiantly helped. It does not look like the injectors go into the square 42 pin. I’m guessing they Y into the harness behind the intake and into the ecu firewall connector?
  4. 1

Injector wiring pinout

Im assuming the wiring runs through the big 42pin connector. Does anyone have access to the wiring diagram? I have found a connector view off of a range C311, but that only have wire colors. Im looking to test the injectors without pulling the intake so need to know where the pin locations are...
  5. 1

4.0L P0172 P0174

Update: Still runs like crap, was going to order some new wheels and tire so I can test drive it, but TireRack decided to start charging tax in WA so I’m looking elsewhere. Egr is good, dpfe tests and looks good and I don’t think it would cause this rough of idle even if it were broken. I’m...
  6. 1

4.0L P0172 P0174

2001 4.0 sport Trac 4wd. So I am the process of getting new wheels to resolve my grinding noise for my auction buy. I thought I would have resolved the very very rough idle by now. I have not put it through a full drive cycle so I know there may be more pending codes that could have aided in...
  7. 1

Grinding noise

I never would have thought I would see something so dumb, but what would you expect from someone who buys primewells!? Apparently the wheels clear in the rear ok. I’m glad I only drove it from the trailer to the garage. It’s bad enough that I think I may be replacing the calipers.
  8. 1

Grinding noise

This one was much easier than what I thought. The reason it was at an action is because the previous owner thought something was seriously wrong with it as did I when I unloaded it from the trailer. I thought the wheels looked funny for an Explorer. I'll just let the pictures do the talking. I...
  9. 1

Grinding noise

Thank you! I didn’t know how much traffic each subforum got, but I won’t cross post in the future. I don’t work on many domestic 4wds so they are admittedly my weak point. Hopefully it will be obvious when I get it on a lift, but worst case I will pull the driveline like you suggested.
  10. 1

Grinding noise

I just bought an 01 sport trac 4wd 4.0 at auction knowing it had an issue. I have never heard such a bad noise coming from a vehicle before. It sounds like earth moving equipment tracks squealing. It is also accompanied by a grinding noise that resonates throughout the cabin. It also does not...
Back