Recent content by DaExplorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by DaExplorer

1. D

How to: Quick and Easy 2nd gen Blend Door Replacement Tutorial

Try looking at posts 73 a 75 of this thread. I took some photos and wrote a little about it. Hope this helps.
  2. D

Back to Truck Haven October 24 - 25

No not this trip. Been traveling a lot. Leave for Boston the 24th for three back to back cruises. Ahhh the rough life. Chris is between jobs right now and on the hunt. Side note my Explorer and trailer are now living with other egar people. Picked up a 2015 4Runner which I do not plan to take...
  3. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Things have been hectic since the TruckHaven weekend. Rick posted this great photo of Chris and I driving through one of our adventures. It was taken on Saturday about the same time that my father in law, Chris's grandpa, passed away from a long battle with cancer. Couldn't help but think by...
  4. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Packed up and ready to go but just found out Chris can't get off early. We will be out there this evening before the campfire dies out.
  5. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Still in at this time. Planning on heading out Friday night when Chris (Cjexplorer) gets off work and gets home. Looking forward to it.
  6. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Yes:), and so are the temps :eek:. Bring warm things AND whatever firewood you can. Christmas trees burn hot and fast but don't seem to last. Looking forward to getting together.
  7. D

Truck Haven Jan 16-18

Thought I had posted however must not have hit the submit button. Add Us as most likely. Chris and I are planning at this time to attend, that is if my Father-in-law remains stable. I still have Fred's water bowl to return.:salute:
  8. D

For Sale 1995 Ford Explorer XLT 4 door 4x4

Yep! Sad day! :(. Well at least there is still one in the family... so all is not lost.
  9. D

Truck Haven MLK 2014 Jan 18-20

I'm out this time.:( Also Chris will be working so he is also out.
  10. D

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

That was while off road:eek: Pulling the trailer home I was able to make 17mpg and had 19 on the way out. Rick, Thanks but I didn't run the A/C until I hit the road heading home and you were long gone. I usually carry a can but think I used it on my F350 and didn't replace it. Not sure whats...
  11. D

Truck Haven 2013 Rock/Sparks run Pic/vids

Ok Ted, Here is the photo of Adam's car at camp (For all of you who think your vehicles couldn't make it to camp) and his really BIG chair. The little foxes were too fast and no photos of the potluck although I did get a photo with Chris and you can see the steaks Chris was cooking for my...
  12. D

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Almost ready. :thumbsup: Most of our supplies are loaded into the Trailer, Firewood loaded into my explorer. Will have to see if Chris can fit some more into his when we load his Thursday night. We will hit the road Friday morning and will be out there by noon. Hope to see you all this weekend...
  13. D

air shocks???

I added the air shocks to give a little lift to the rear when putting a heavy load in the back. Was very happy with them. I later did the shackles and the TT to bring the height up for a better look and to keep up with my son. When I off road at Truck Haven I add more air to the rear shocks...
  14. D

2013 Truckhaven Rock Run Oct 25th-27th

Sure stop by. I have something for you to pick up :D then it will be delivered to you :salute:. I brought it out to the last TH thing in Jan but you didn't show up. Its still in the trailer so if you don't make it by then It will go to TH again.
  15. D

Rear doors can't open from inside

Don't know if this will help or if this is your issue but this is how I fixed Mine. Look at #3 of this attached post. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352428 :salute:
Back