Recent content by jimbob_sf | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by jimbob_sf

1. J

Brake lights (all) stuck ON

Thank you for the search tips! I thinks it's the Stoplamp switch, but being that the thing is buried in there (as two of you have noted), I can't see the pedal arm touch the switch when at rest. I know when I pull the pedal towards me (opposite of pressing on the pedal to apply brakes), the...
  2. J

I confirmed that it's the stopper. When I pull it, towards the driver, the switch is triggered and the lights go out. Like nearly every other thing in this car, Ford must have designed the car to be needlessly difficult to access anything you'd want to get to so you go to the dealer to have...
  3. J

My brake lights (all 3) are sticking on, even after turning off the car. I've done lots of reading and there's some good points on older Explorers: Plastic stopper on the brake pedal is worn/gone, switch is corroded..., but this model has the electronically adjustable pedals, so they have a new...
  4. J

Livernois tune in CA?

I've got a '13 Sport in SF with the tune, 3 bar sensor, plugs, thermostat, meth injection and oil catch can. Sounds like it would never pass smog right? Well, the stock 2 bar map sensor can be put back in a minute, the stock tune can be put back in another 10 (it clears all DTC codes first and...
  5. J

Broken Outside Mirror

This may or may not help. I've got a 2013 with folding, blind spot light, heating.... Part of my housing (not the glass or painted front cover) got broken backing up, all the "shops" said I had to buy a whole new assembly for ~$400 and then pay to have the shell painted gloss black. I found...
  6. J

Methanol Injection

I didn't want to open a redundant thread. I've done the reading, research... and I'm hoping to generate some discussion around doing it and not all the reasons why one wouldn't; I'll freely concede that there are some great mechanical and engineering minds reading this with valid...
  7. J

Slotted and/or Drilled brakes discussion thread

Lots of great info here. Hopefully this is something new. 2013 Explorer Sport with HD brakes and Livernois tune kit. Rather than having my rotors turned after vibration, I got the EBC Stage 9 kit (slotted / yellow pads). I'm not usually an EBC fan, but they made what I felt was the best...
  8. J

Just got 13 Sport in Ruby Red

MaXberN - I honestly forget the exact time. It was 6-8 weeks. I knew someone was going to ask;)
  9. J

Just got 13 Sport in Ruby Red

We went out on President's weekend and couldn't find a red Sport. Started looking for one on the west coast and couldn't find one. Ended up ordering one through Flemington Ford in New Jersey and just took delivery at Journey Ford (courtesy delivery for $300) last week. AWESOME, awesome, awesome...
  10. J

Outer Window Moldings

I just took delivery of an Explorer Sport. Both rear window seals are horribly loose. I walked around my $50k car from a company that is doing such a great job competing and wondered how they could let this crap roll out the door. It actually has the worst/cheapest looking seals all around the...
  11. J

New 2013 Sport MPG

Good advice. The car and engine are still breaking in. Use the trip meter while on that fresh tank to make sure that the MPG computer isn't busted. I had a VW GTI when I was 18 years old and it's computer reported 40 mpg. There is NO way that car was getting 40 with an 18 year old who...
  12. J

New 2013 Sport MPG

10.5 is the type of mileage you'd expect if you drove the car on a track. Unless you only drive with your right foot planted to the floor, heading uphill and have 2k lbs of sand in the back, there's something wrong. It's likely a bad sensor someplace. Throttle is obviously working, but air...
Back