Recent content by Kjhadfield | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Kjhadfield

1. K

What did you do this weekend? Participation required

So I’ve been busy over the last couple weekends… to address the grinding from the front wheel Replaced both uca- moog premium Cam/chamber kit (I think that’s what it’s called)- rays had the max adjustments Both inner/outer tie rods w/boots- moog Both hub assembly’s- moog again lol Got the...
  2. K

Yes I have the moog uca already in hand and the 1 piece for the passenger side. Also have a lifetime alignment from firestone which is good. When I put the new rubber on had them align it and had to put on the chamber kit for the passenger because they said couldn’t get in the green. So I’ll go...
  3. K

How likely will the wheel bearing be ok based on the 2 videos? Could the ball joints and tie rod explain the random grinding and wheel movement both top/bottom and left/right in the first video or is that to much hopeful thinking
  4. K

I pulled the tire off to inspect and was suggested to replace the upper/lower ball joints and possibly the tie rod ends. Good thing is I have new moog uca and outer tie rods already that I never installed yet. Just ordered the lower ball joints. Was told to check the wheel bearing once I pull...
  5. K

My initial rock the tire test. Doesn’t look good
  6. K

I seen a confession post above- I believe I absolutely need to confess! Minus a couple months ago coming here real quick to replace an alternator, I haven’t done a damn thing. Its been yrs since coming to this wonderful forum but I’m kinda happy this thread is still active since started! I need...
  7. K

Ebsco help

Wow I feel slow, that was a link at the bottom of you post. Like I said trying to navigate the new look. In my defense I thought that was your signature. Thank you brother! Still in hawaii…still missing it here. I was able to go back a yr or 2 ago for a wedding, much needed but it's about that...
  8. K

Explorer dead

EDIT: sorry posted in the wrong thread Wow I feel slow, that was a link at the bottom of you post. Like I said trying to navigate the new look. In my defense I thought that was your signature. Thank you brother! Still in hawaii…still missing it here. I was able to go back a yr or 2 ago for a...
  9. K

Ebsco help

So you got the goods Phil What I got to do?
  10. K

Ebsco help

Aye bro, been good- many life changes in a couple yrs. how've you been? I didn't see mention of the new password and/or login, did I miss it? The site has changed so I'm trying to make my way around
  11. K

Ebsco help

Sorry it's been yrs since I've been here but I was trying to login to ebsco with the login /password that I used yrs ago (that's floating around here) and I couldn't get in. Any updates on that or another way I can access that site? Thanks for any help
  12. K

Mailman made my day!

I have found purple power full strength cuts grime better than simple green. I used to use the green but followed same tip from koda (I think)
  13. K

Body Mount Bushings

That is definitely how I'm remembered. I actually have dorman replacement hardware on the way- yes I have still yet to do anything. I actually had to file 2012 taxes on and should get a pretty nice sum of all combined. So I will finally be able to get some of the rust issues fixed/welded. I've...
  14. K

The last time I cleaned the engine I used the heavy duty gunk cleaner and the gunk shine. While the cleaner did a good job and the shine was nice (at least instant) it was greasy which collected everything. I had some left over cans of the gunk cleaner and decided to go to the self car wash. I...
  15. K

Where do you store your sunglasses?

^ that's what I use (sun visor clip) and the 1 I have isn't a cheap flimsy plastic crap- well made, some kind of metal. Grasshopper something. I'll have to look and snap a pic
Back