Recent content by Rickypa | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent content by Rickypa

1. R

5r55s fluid

I rebuilt my tranny and flushed the cooler so it was empty. I poured as much as I could into the converter before installing it but you know lts not that much. I was reading the capacity was 12.7 Merton V but I’m wondering if that is considering an empty oil cooler. Does some one know! How...
  2. R

Rebuilding a 5R55S trans- What valve body kits?

Hi Bob! I’m rebuilding my 06 mountaineer and looking for info came across your info. I’m just wondering how did it go?
  3. R

Spark plug gap for 05

I totally agree with you there! Never the less I know you agree with me that if there is some thing we know increase efficiency we should go for it! You know this is the first explorer I have and bought it a month ago so I'm still learning about them. One funny thing is that when I took it out...
  4. R

Spark plug gap for 05

Well that's good but the question is how do you know you're getting the best you can! What was your gas millage before the new plugs?
  5. R

Spark plug gap for 05

I would assume but nope! It only says refer to owner manual! Of course I went to the OM and it states that gap is 0.51-0.56 But as I had the Chilton I read it first and doble checked with Haynes and it states the same 0.61-0.68 and then the autoparts tell me that the misfire it has after...
  6. R

Spark plug gap for 05

I appreciate the time for replying but I see plugs there with .054 others with .060 and other with .040! I thought gaps were according to engine and not plugs but I might be wrong! Mine is a 05 4.0 with the K vin. I see that chilton and Haynes separates the 05 v6 and gives it a 0.61 - 0.68! I...
  7. R

Spark plug gap for 05

Chilton says 0.61 to 0.68 now isn't that a too big of a gap in the gap? Where do I gap them to? Where's the best gas millage? Thanks for the help, Ricky :eek:
Back