2015 Explorer Sport - Heated 2nd Row Seats | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2015 Explorer Sport - Heated 2nd Row Seats

bmcdee82

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford F-150
I'm looking at buying/ordering a 2015 Explorer Sport, but was wondering if there was any way to get the 2nd Row Heated Bucket Seats like the Limited offers. I was looking at both models next to each other over the weekend and had a hard time figuring out why this shouldn't be possible, just something that Ford didn't offer.

Any ideas or has anyone with some free time done any experimenting?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I looked into this with my 2013 Limited because heated 2nd row only came avail in 2014 and as you mentioned only on the Limited.

You can get the heating elements no problem, if you search on here some of the threads mention the aftermarket supplier to Ford.

The issue is if you want it to function like OEM then you need the Ford software to download and install in your vehicle, which is technically possible but more difficult.

If you look on the back of the center console where the rear HVAC controls are located you will see the OEM button locations.

I gave up as I wanted it OEM.

OEM parts are not hard to come by. In fact, I have the rear face center console piece with the rear ac controls, including the heated rear seats buttons. The molding itself is a straight swap. The problem is the wiring harness is different. Does anyone know how far up stream the module is?

OEM parts are not hard to come by. In fact, I have the rear face center console piece with the rear ac controls, including the heated rear seats buttons. The molding itself is a straight swap. The problem is the wiring harness is different. Does anyone know how far up stream the module is?
FYI the OP of this thread hasn't been seen since September 18, 2014. Can't help with the module unfortunately.

Seats are made by Lear Corporation if that helps at all.

Back