• Register Today It's free!

imgru test

koda2000

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
x
My rotten little dog Emma...

I just signed up with imgur.com as an alternative to photobucket. Fast, easy to use and works. IDK if there's a way to copy the IMG and directly insert it (rather than just pasting the link).

http://imgur.com/ONNB8WR

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, it used to be easier with a single button to the right of the uploaded image but now depends on which browser you're using so they changed it.

At the time of uploading the image, when it first switches to the new page showing the image, right click on it and "Copy Image Location", "Copy Image Address", or similar wording depending on which browser.

This can also be done later, like after following that link you gave. Paste that link you right-click copied, into the forum post, image popup box.

Yes, it used to be easier with a single button to the right of the uploaded image but now depends on which browser you're using so they changed it.

At the time of uploading the image, when it first switches to the new page showing the image, right click on it and "Copy Image Location", "Copy Image Address", or similar wording depending on which browser.

This can also be done later, like after following that link you gave. Paste that link you right-click copied, into the forum post, image popup box.

When I have time I'll give that a try - Thanks.

I just hit the upload button and then select the pics I want from the photo library on my phone or other device.

Then they magically appear.

IMG_3711.JPG

Well, I tried selecting a imgru photo and right-clicking on it. A half dozen choices of what I could do came up, but none of them seemed to allow me to copy my photo and direct upload it into a posting. Maybe it's my browser. Below are the choices I was given. I haven't tried them all, but the ones that seem like they should work (like Direct Link) don't. Oh well, not a huge deal.

Image Link

Direct Link

Markdown Link (reddit comments)

HTML (website / blogs)

BBCode (message boards & forums)

Linked BBCode (message boards)

BBCode is the one you want.

Meanwhile, in nursing homes across the US, old ladies are pulling out photo albums saying " I have all my pictures right here, who would put them in a bucket?"

Direct Link is probably the one that would've worked. The BB code takes you to their site if it's clicked, good if you want to show a series of pics on Imgur (which requires an account there and to be signed in when you upload so the pics are linked together, unless all are uploaded at once, IIRC) but worse if you just want to see a full sized version of the picture.

With the BB code you have to click, go to their site, maximize your browser window, then click it just to see the larger pic, and then close that other window.

Some sites/forums when you click the pic it just gets bigger so some people have a habit of clicking them.

The same is true on this forum, you can see the full sized version by just clicking it if Direct Linked:

cpSZ3xg.jpg

Just a matter of opinion really. Generally I can see everything very clearly. On occasions I do need to zoom. I just download the pic so I can further analyze it deeply otherwise. I see no point.

^ I and some others have a big monitor and multiple windows open on it. That results in either only part of a pic showing on some sites, or shrunken down on this one because there's code to auto-downsize it to fit within the browser window width.

In that case it's much more convenient to be able to just click the pic and only have it get larger. I mean that this is how this forum is set up to work, when someone clicks they expect to just see a larger pic, not be taken to imgur's site.

If the photos are on your computer, all you need to do to directly insert photos (as an Elite member) is click on the "upload file" button beside the "post reply" button. Forget the icons above where you're typing. I don't use any hosting site.

If the photos are on your computer, all you need to do to directly insert photos (as an Elite member) is click on the "upload file" button beside the "post reply" button. Forget the icons above where you're typing. I don't use any hosting site.

Yes, I'm aware that it's very easy to post photo's as an Elite member.

Back