• Register Today It's free!

2010 ford sport trac key fob mod

babacoolie

Reaction score
City, State
Brampton, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Adrenalin
I wanted to know if its possible to replace our separate key and fob setup with an all in one key and fob (used on a ford edge I believe) for a cleaner look. I've tried searching, but have not found anything relevant to a Sport Trac and specific details. I'm not sure it the all in one OEM key can be programmed to work with the ST.

I appreciate any help / direction on this.

Thanks,

Steve

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You need to already have two programmed keys prior to adding any more to the vehicle. With that said, the ones I've linked below will work. I bought 2 last year and programmed them per the owner's manual. They're all I use now with my Trac. I also bought two of the five-button version for my '08 Mustang.

2 New Flip Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote Combo 3 Button for Ford VW Style FLP1

You need to already have two programmed keys prior to adding any more to the vehicle. With that said, the ones I've linked below will work. I bought 2 last year and programmed them per the owner's manual. They're all I use now with my Trac. I also bought two of the five-button version for my '08 Mustang.

2 New Flip Key Fob Keyless Entry Remote Combo 3 Button for Ford VW Style FLP1

Thanks for the link. I do currently have two working keys / fobs.

I venture a guess that a typical hardware store would be able to cut the actual key blade even tho its a switch blade style?

BTW- love the white STA.

Thanks for the link. I do currently have two working keys / fobs.

I venture a guess that a typical hardware store would be able to cut the actual key blade even tho its a switch blade style?

BTW- love the white STA.

Yes, your hardware store should be able to cut the key. I had a locksmith friend cut mine.

And thanks for the compliment. I'd never considered white vehicles until I got this one. Now I love the color. Although, it's not an Adrenalin. It's a 2010 Limited V8 4x2. I've just made a few mods to get rid of the chrome and give it a more sporty, aggressive look.

Yes, your hardware store should be able to cut the key. I had a locksmith friend cut mine.

And thanks for the compliment. I'd never considered white vehicles until I got this one. Now I love the color. Although, it's not an Adrenalin. It's a 2010 Limited V8 4x2. I've just made a few mods to get rid of the chrome and give it a more sporty, aggressive look.

Nice truck nonetheless... I was considering a White STA but that's like finding a unicorn sometimes.

Not sure if its compatible.

Do you think I would be able to program the following key by following the manual instructions? I like the OEM look.

After Market:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Remote-Ke...ash=item4401abe038:g:cIQAAOSw6DtYVbXg&vxp=mtr

OEM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In-Fact...ash=item2115470b79:g:RuIAAOSwdzVXtxJc&vxp=mtr

Nice truck nonetheless... I was considering a White STA but that's like finding a unicorn sometimes.

Not sure if its compatible.

Do you think I would be able to program the following key by following the manual instructions? I like the OEM look.

After Market:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Remote-Key-Fob-Uncut-for-2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014-15-Ford-Edge-/292085817400?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Edge&hash=item4401abe038:g:cIQAAOSw6DtYVbXg&vxp=mtr

OEM:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-In-Factory-Ford-Bag-Oem-Remote-Head-Key-80-Bit-Keyless-Entry-Fob-3-Button-/142090898297?fits=Make:Ford|Model:Edge&hash=item2115470b79:g:RuIAAOSwdzVXtxJc&vxp=mtr

Yes, I believe both should work. The OEM one is pretty pricey though.

I've thought about buying one of these OEM flip keys to see if it's backwards-compatible to my 2010 Trac:

2015 Ford F-150 Key New OEM Remote Flip Switchblade Key Keyless Fob

The key for the 2015 F150 will not work with our Sport Tracs.....

SixPonies, I purchased the flip keys and can't get them to program to start my 2010 STA. I was able to program to lock/unlock the doors but it will not program and start my car. Any suggestion?

SixPonies, I purchased the flip keys and can't get them to program to start my 2010 STA. I was able to program to lock/unlock the doors but it will not program and start my car. Any suggestion?
Did you already have two programmed keys before you tried to add the flip keys? If not it won’t work. You MUST have two programmed keys prior to adding any more to the vehicle. If you only have one, I believe you need to have the dealer program a second key.

If you already have two keys and the flip keys still didn’t work, then I don’t have an answer for you. Sorry.

Did you already have two programmed keys before you tried to add the flip keys? If not it won’t work. You MUST have two programmed keys prior to adding any more to the vehicle. If you only have one, I believe you need to have the dealer program a second key.

If you already have two keys and the flip keys still didn’t work, then I don’t have an answer for you. Sorry.
Yeah, I have two original keys. The fob seller told me I have to have the chip " activated" by a locksmith or the dealer. Local locksmith wants $85 to activate with no gurantees. I am going to check with the dealer and see what they charge.

Thanks!

Yeah, I have two original keys. The fob seller told me I have to have the chip " activated" by a locksmith or the dealer. Local locksmith wants $85 to activate with no gurantees. I am going to check with the dealer and see what they charge.

Thanks!
Went to Ford dealer who was unable to "activate" the chip and charged nothing, whew! The vendor that I purchased the original fob from sent me a replacement. I followed the owner's manual instructions for adding a key to my vehicle, and it worked perfectly. No need for any help outside of the owner's manual.

That's good to hear. Must've just gotten a bad/dead key.

Back