• Register Today It's free!

Rear sway bar end links

oklagp1200r

Reaction score
City, State
Newcastle,Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Exployer Sport Trac
I need some sway bar end links for the rear of my 2001 sport trac. Have had the Moog kits in for over two years now but one now has started to blow out. Need something better material checked with energy suspension but nothing specific available. Any ideas about something in thermoplastic?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used Prothane on my ST. Removed original bush completely and fitted polyethylene bushes. To date still look like new ( 2 years ). Used supplied super grease no squeaking etc.

+1 David. ES 4.5153 or Prothane 61132 polyurethane kits. Agree, Moog's blue thermoplastic rubber is not a durable material for sway bar end links. Only fault with poly is it's tendency to squeak in cold temperatures when the bushings are dry. Both kits "appear" identical, and are supplied with an ample amount of VERY sticky lubricant and replacement 19mm (3/4") rear frame bushings. Very high quality, and likely the last sway bar end link bushings you will ever need. BTDT.

http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/4.5153

http://www.prothanesuspensionparts.com/61132

That's what I was looking for thanks.
Those sway bar bushings not the end links probably won't fit my explorer express sway bar will they?

Definitely not. EE rear bar is 1-1/8" (1.125") O.D. Lucky you scored an EE rear bar, I've been looking for a used one for YEARS after they were discontinued. Ended up with an Addco 633 because EE would not budge on $250 GROUND shipping charge to Hawaii when they were available. EE "may" have some new old stock rear bushings, try contact them. 19mm frame bushings seem to have a lot of meat on them, it may be possible to be drilled larger. Found out myself that poly is tricky to work with, and you must remove material very slowly. Are you using the stock frame brackets? Another option may be poly aftermarket universal bracket kits providing the bolt spacing is wide enough.

Frame bushings came with the bar I believe.
Think the brackets are stock been too long ago since install.
Do you own a dodge charger?

Never owned a Chrysler car. '69 Boss 302, '70 Ranchero, '79 Ranchero, '89 Honda Accord and '05 ST. Weird mix huh? :confused:

Yep........WOW a 69 boss 302 what a car!
I will contact explorer express and see what came with that sway bar.

Back