Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

TWEETER SALE INFORMATION *sticky plz*

Been a while since i've been here... but I saw this ad and thought I'd let everyone know. I havn't tested it, but I assume it's valid. (i miss my explorer =( Through May 16, shop with private savings up to 50% (see below) with coupon code: PRIVATESALE *excludes Wisebuys, B-Stock &...
  2. H

Camber kits to get 3*+ ?

Anyone know of any camber kits that will give me 3 degrees or more of camber adjustment? I believe it would be a kit where you have to replace the upper arm bolt. I got asked a question and I knew someone had found kits like this, I just couldn't find the thread. Anyways, post responses...
  3. H

What is this part? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Ok guys, I finially found someone with a 95 explorer that let me take some pictures... If you dont already know - I got into an accident and I need to find out what part this is. It was destroyed in the accident and I need to know if it is crucially needed part inorder to get this beast...
  4. H

Possibly giving my box away - anyone interested?

Well, if you havn't heard: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121121 It's looking more and more less likely that I'll be getting her back - however I havn't given up all hope. If I do have to give my explorer up - I still have my box (look at carDomain link) that...
  5. H

replacing the vacuum canister... how?

Ok, my Haynes manual is back at school, so I was looking to get some info. 95 v6. I was in an accident and a spherical shaped plastic object located around/below the air filter was smashed. I've been told it was the vacuum canister. The two lines going into it seemed to be alright -...
  6. H

What is this part?

It's a spherical shaped plastic thing mounted in the engine bay near the front on the passenger's side. Has two lines going into it. I know it's in the 2nd gens... dont know about any other years. Thanks.
  7. H

My weekend SUCKED

I'll get a full story up soon. Just got back. Short story - the car infront of me rearended the car infront of him, came to a dead stop while I was going 60mph. I swerved, couldn't get out of the way. I dont think damage is as bad as it looks, but my car is in SC and I'm in VA. No one was...
  8. H

Need opinions on damaged amp from cardomain.com

So, I ordered a JBL 1200.1D amplifier from CarDomain.com. It said it was refurbished on the website, but in 'like-new' condition. It was $75 cheaper then anywhere else I had seen. Well I got the amp today, opened it up, only to see that there was a decently sized 'scratch/dent' in the top...
  9. H

New use for your glove compartment.

Got time today to do some work... I'm putting a CB, DVD player (not the drive shown in the pictures), and all the factory switches in my glove compartment. Along with whatever else I figure out to put in there. It will have a flat fiberglass face on it - as in only the actual buttons, the...
  10. H

HU Placement

What's up peoples? Been a long time, but I've been busy as hell with work over the summer and now school. I still havn't finished my box (hopefully within a month). And my car is still in pieces. I want to change that though. So.... after much test fitting at an audio shop and cursing...
  11. H

Tranny slipage - to change fuild or not? 128k

Ok, I know there are a billion tranny threads - I read them before I posted. 128k on ticker, tranny fluid fully-flushed every 30-35k miles... due for a change right now. Went to Aamco over the summer, they refused to change it because they said there is slippage on the downshift from 3rd to...
  12. H

Where to tap into horn power line?

I installed a horn (big, loud - not a melody one) behind my front bumper and I want it to be attached to the stock horn. I need to know where the stock horn is and its power wires are so I can attach them to a relay. Any pictures would be nice =) 1995.
  13. H

New battery = clearer sound?

Got my new Yellow Maxx or whatnot from Walmart - now I can turn my stereo volume upto 35 without distortion, whereas before it would get distorted if it went over 21. Any ideas if this is related? Still have the stock speakers.
  14. H

hydro got keyed this week

Was installing new horn today when I noticed a lot of jagged scrapes grouped together in the paint over my rear wheel. I cursed myself because I thought I had done it.... I then walked around the rear of my explorer to find out that the hatch and both the panels above the rear wheels had been...
  15. H

Walmart battery leaks 2 weeks old

Ok, my battery died 2 weeks ago, I went to Walmart and got the Yellow Maxx battery or whatever it is called. I was under my ex today, installing my new horn and I noticed that part of the frame looked brown. I start to brush it off and notice that something had peeled away the paint. I...
  16. H

need help quick - ebrake

Ok, I failed inspection because my ebrake didn't stop my car when it was in D. I have the wheel off and the rear brakes... when I engange the ebrake I can't turn the disc with my hand. To adjust them, is the adjuster behind the dust shield w/ a little rubber grommet covering it? If so...
  17. H

making Ford emblem CLEAR?

Ok, here is the idea. I love video/audio... I especially love car videos. This summer I plan on adding some video cameras to my explorer so I can take videos. I want to add one camera behind the Ford emblem in the grille, probably right inside of the 'o'. Here is my dilemma: I know there...
  18. H

spike TV has special on buffing paint on an explorer.

spike TV has special on buffing paint on an explorer. Watching it right now - just started. Just thought I'd toss it out there...
  19. H

this is what gas guzzlers are for... not 50hp 'things'

http://lida2.veriovps.co.uk/oneintwelve/movies/caravan_WM_HI.wmv
  20. H

muffler = rust bucket? pic...

I got this put on sometime last winter. Nov-Jan. It was a V-Force or something like that... basically a Flowmaster 40 duplicate since they lost their patent for a year or something like that. But anyways - I looked at a pic I took of my underside and couldn't believe how rusty it had gotten...
  21. H

this is insaneness....

if you dont crap your pants when you see this, then you dont belong in this section of the forum. EDIT: The previous link came out as ######### - obviously Rick doesn't want it on the forum, so I posted the link directly to his Car Domain page. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/373370...
  22. H

painting subs..... ?

ok, kinda crazy idea I know - but my subs dont exactly look the best. Can you take off the plastic shell on the inside? I'm not talking about the actual rubber/plastic cone - just the plastic faceplate piece(or so it seems like a faceplate..). Would there be any really bad drawbacks to...
  23. H

went on a lil cruise w/ some local peeps... pic+vid

Ok, a big FU to all the punks who decided to drive up the hill 2hours after it was planned to :x :x :x :x :D :D :D :D :D but anyways, still had a fun ass time... here is where everyone had an identity crisis and decided to become rally drivers.... Ok, I have a...
  24. H

This guy's writeup made me want to shoot myself in the foot

so I was updating my cardomain page when I saw that this guy had signed me guestbook.... 27hp from exhaust and intake..... *sigh* and yes, if you have one exhaust and you add another it will become a dual exhaust setup.... http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/506939/1 :banghead:
  25. H

the box is complete!!!!!!

Well Almost.... but it will be in a few hours. after this post I'm going to work on it. I worked on it yesterday from 9am to 4am this morning. From about 4pm till 4am I usually had one or two people helping me. Everything is pretty much done, just have to finish the wiring to power and the...
Back