Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

03 XLT AWD front end howl and clunk....

check the fluid level in the front differential
  2. T

'02 XLT 4WD problems, need help!

i was having the same issue and i end up replaceing the while transfercaser i found a used one for 350.00 and had ut put in for a 100.00....mine got stuck half way between 4low and 2 wheel and the front end would hope and i was having all kinds of issues
  3. T

Cruise Control Disengages Transmission

mine kept kicking off but it was from my break pedal sticking and not comming up the whole way. i connection on the breakpedal must have been loose or something
  4. T

OD OFF light blinking

I have a question, hoping someone has some answers, it doesnt happen all the time but from time to time while driving my OD OFF light will start blinking real fast. My explorer has been shifting a little funny lately too. When i come to a sudden stop and go to pull out its like its stuck in...
  5. T

Chopping/Binding Problems still accur

replace the tranfer case
  6. T

mine was doing the same thing and it was the electromagnet in the transfercase that was locked half way and i had to replace the whole TC. cost me about 500 bucks for used case and install
  7. T

'04 explorer xlt aux blend door problem

it does turn until it gets resistance the computer has to learn where the start and stop positions are. thats what makes the gears in the old one strip like mine did it just keeps turning and turning and of course the old one wasnt built that strong and strips and breaks the gears
  8. T

Clunking and banging while turning Ford diagnostic

So my 02 Explorer has been making some noises that a person doesn't want to hear coming from their vehicle so i called a week or so ago to get it into the Ford Garage to have them diagnose the issue. I dropper her off the smorning and just called to see if they had made any progress on the...
  9. T

Strange Rumbling from Front End

Sounds to me like a wheel bearing
  10. T

How to tell if cv joint is bad??

yes yes and yes.....Took it to a mechanic to take a look and listen to it, he called his buddy that a mechanic and Ford Garage and they are thinking its the clutch in the TC(transfer case)
  11. T

ok here is the new access hole for the fuel pump

I would silicone the heck out of that so there would be no chance of water or moister getting into the cab and soak the carpet
  12. T

a pic isnt really gonna show much, do need to replace the driver side seal on the front transfer case.
  13. T

Were is the best place to hard wire 12Volts

I know on my 02 XLT both are hot because i have my garmin plugged into the console one and i have to manually shut it off or it will stay on constantly. as for the on the rear of the console i believe they are wired together. When i ran the wire for my Nav i ran the wire a little ways on the...
  14. T

What transfer case do I have?

It is probably the 4411 since he said he has the buttons one the dash for 4auto, 4hi and 4low. the 4410 doesnt have any.
  15. T

Heat works but still get cold air on my feet 03 Explorer

Sounds like there is a vent door not opening and just sending cold air in. or there is a rusted out hole under the carpet
  16. T

so there should be no ( in or out play) my one has a little play while the other is pretty solid
  17. T

Great deal on TC

TC= Transfer Case not torque converter
  18. T

ABS & 4x4 lights

I would say its an issue that has to do with the sensors...either the ABS on the wheel and/or the speed sensor on the TC..it also maybe a grounding issue with those sensors.
  19. T

Great deal on TC

That $395.00 is shipped. I called two junk yards around here one used 44k for $400 and another for $425.00 i think i am going to get a used one local so i dont have to wait or worry about the cheap one being bad. Goes to Ford tues to diagnose the issue to make sure its the TC. The plase that has...
  20. T

Great deal on TC

Has any one ever purchased anything from Affordable Powertrain...i can get a certified used TC shipped for $395.00
  21. T

Link to Viscous Coupling Explanation

I have notice a lot of talk about how the Viscous Coupling works and found this literature online to help anyone out on the understanding of it http://www.rsgear.com/articles/2006_07.pdf
  22. T

Link to Viscous Coupling Explanation Ive been reading and there is a lot of talk how the Viscous Coupling works. Well searching around for info on the 4411 i found this literature. http://www.rsgear.com/articles/2006_07.pdf
  23. T

Transfer case swap on '02 Explorer...advice please!!

You mean METAL...not mettel
  24. T

How can i tell if a CV joint is bad? The rubber boot seems in great condition and everything spins ok. should there be any play in it or no?
  25. T

Transfer Case Shift Motor????

I was wondering if any one replace a TC shift motor for a 02 4411 TC and if so how much do they run? I think this may be the problem with my Explorer. i am going to pull it off tom and take a look at it still puzzle why my front drive shaft wont turn while its in 4auto but the wheel spin freely...
Back