Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

p.a.t.s disabled ecm 2000 5.0

wanted a working ecm for a 2000 5.0 with p.a.t.s disabled .
  2. B

ECM options 2000 model

I do know where I can get a computer and a key to match for my 2000 model but they have not got the Pats module available so can anybody else verify that just the computer and the key would work or must I have the module to go with it Thanks
  3. B

ECM options 2000 model

The best option for me I think would be to find a doner with ecm and keys to match if possible, the 5.0 vary hard to find In my province . if I knew the ecm from a pre pats will work i can just order one online .
  4. B

ECM options 2000 model

I have a 2000 Ford Explorer 5.0 I'm wondering what ECM can I use in this model would the one from a 96-97 pre pats work in this model without having to have it programmed , the dealer is no option for me, I lost my keys and I'm dealing with the pats issue, if I can find an ECM pre pats will it...
  5. B

carburetor conversion

going bac to the carburetor alright I have made my decision I'm going to delete the computer fuel injection all of the above I'm going to run a distributor in a 4 barrel carburetor and an inline fuel pump now my next question is the transmission am I gonna have any trouble with thatis the...
  6. B

carburetor conversion

Will an 85-86 torker2 4 barrel intake bolt upto the heads on the 2000 5.0 liter engine and will a distributer match up with the cam gear an oil pump ?
  7. B

pats & gem location

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out its sitting on my table in front of me dessembled.
  8. B

pats & gem location

That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out its sitting on my table in front of me dessembled.
  9. B

pats & gem location

Yea I seen that one too back in the jack compartment,my head is spinning with all the different ones on this rig, im trying to eliminate the 2000 pats by finding a pre 98 pats ecu with the needed hardware to get me up an running again its been a good challenge so far .
  10. B

pats & gem location

Ok found it .
  11. B

pats & gem location

Ok found it .
  12. B

pats & gem location

Behind the airbag passenger side ..ok how do I get access to this ?
  13. B

pats & gem location

Ok thanks
  14. B

pats & gem location

Where is the pats & gem locations on the 2000 explorer 5.0 eb eddition? Thanks
  15. B

How to disable anti-theft

Unfortunately my 97 partstruck is the 4 liter v6 I haven't tried it I'm just wondering if I went to a scrap yard took the ignition cylinder with key and the computer would that possibly do the trick.
  16. B

Anti theft = Antichrist so I have now removed the computer from the vehicle I have it sitting on the table in front of me with the cover removed is there any thing that can be jumped added soldered/desoldred or crossed to bypass this ?
  17. B

Anti theft ok so being I'm way out in the sticks 3 hours away from any dealer or any locksmith my only alternative isto try to find a way around this pats system... so my first question is what does the pats system disable ?? I have power to the starter and i have spark ,I have tried putting 12...
  18. B

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

Did you ever find a solution ti this mess im in the same boat I jus want it gone too cheap as possible
  19. B

@#$@ PATS....Won't start, broken ignition collar..HELP!

Did you ever find a solution ti this mess im in the same boat I jus want it gone too cheap as possible
  20. B

Ok so I have another ignition with keys from my 97 parts truck, so if I install this what do I have to do to get it to sing along with my e.c.m or is this going to have to be done by the dealer.
  21. B

have a 2000 explorer and last night i lost my keys so today i removed the ignition cylinder and tryed to get it to start not a chance but it will turn over just wont start due to the anti theft system... so im wondering if theres a way i can get around the antitheft system ?thanks
  22. B

anti theft disabling

i have a 2000 explorer and last night i lost my keys so today i removed the ignition cylinder and tryed to get it to start not a chance but it will turn over just wont start due to the anti theft system... so im wondering if theres a way i can get around the antitheft system ?thanks
  23. B

2000 5.0 lazey an hard to start

problem solved Just finished cutting access door & installing the 2010 ranger fuel pump in my 2000 5.0 eddie b an is working excellent running steady at 60 p.s.i ....done it all from inside the truck in a noreaster in just over an hour,what a difference in power now all tell ya, The access...
  24. B

fuel pump pressures

How much pressure will a fuel Pump for a 2010 ranger put out? will it reach the 60-70 lbs that the 2000 explorer needs? I have a new one here an I'm thinking on installing it as my top pressure is 32 lbs at the moment still up an running but little power.
Back