Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

Engine coating messed up with Purple Power?

Any idea how he uses it? like does he spray everything or is there stuff to avoid?
  2. V

Update: Just started her up, seems okay. I may try this again this weekend, and actually scrub the bay. I wish it ended up shinier, not sure how to make that happen
  3. V

HELP! I was a little anxious and sprayed my engine compartment with Purple Power degreaser about 10 minutes after I got home. I let it sit maybe 2 minutes and then rinsed. But im kinda concerned, the gunmetal (im assuming powdercoated) top of the engine was stripped clear! now im left with it...
  4. V

I have read the stickies and used the search button

This guy ran 33s with no bodylift. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265165&page=3 But yeah Id say you should prob do a 2 inch body lift, with 2 inch you dont have to mess with all the tricky stuff. Drop the poly blocks on there and youre good.
  5. V

Cheap 17x8 or 17x7 rims..

I bought my Cragar Soft 8s from JEGS for 70 bucks each, free shipping. Thats about as cheap as theyre gonna get, apparently no ford vehicles with our bolt pattern have been on a 17x8 so youll have a hard time finding a cheap set. But still, free shipping musta killed JEGS. god knows it cost at...
  6. V

Voss24-- the Sexplorer

Thanks guys :) im very proud of her! Went mudding today, heres some more pics. Really went crazy today, decided to push it haha. And quick question, anything I can do about this? I dont like it getting so muddy. One of my mud guards is missing in the wheel well, but this happened even...
  7. V

Finished 2 inch Body lift!

his signature says theyre 31s.
  8. V

Any idea on bolt lengths? and where you got them? ive been checking around and im having a hell of a time finding case hardened full threaded bolts in the right sizes!
  9. V

Voss24-- the Sexplorer

Fixed the random popping! Took it to the mechanic because I thought my alighment was really off and it's always shaking down the road, turns out that when I did my balljoints i somehow didnt bolt the control arm in correctly? The camber was scarily outta whack. 180 bucks later and I have new...
  10. V

Voss24-- the Sexplorer

To start it off my name is Les, I live in Jacksonville Florida. Still in highschool. All the work was done and funded by myself (which im proud of because all the lames at school with lifted new trucks that their parents paid for think theyre sweet, BUTTT they didnt earn or work on their rig.)...
  11. V

Also, any idea on bolt lengths? These numbers are coming from the 3" lift guide: Front mounts - 180MM Mounts that are in front of the front seats - 140MM Mounts just under the rear of the front seats - I used the stock bolts from the very rear mounts. Mounts in the front of cargo area - 160MM...
  12. V

Hey, just out of curiosity what diameter of blocks did you use? 2x3? 2x2? Thanks, Les
  13. V

The Goat's 1st Turtle Shell lift

Amazing what some 31s can do! Like the ex. And yeah looks kinda saggy, I'd say grab some add a leafs and it'll look real good
  14. V

33's No Body Lift (Illegal In Maine)

dude.... He doesnt have fender flares haha. But I see its your first post on the forums, so welcome! and try the forum search. "Fender flares" or something like that. Les
  15. V

anyone with experience running 31x13.5

so it might be okay... could you post a picture? I see your avatar but its sooo small haha thanks
  16. V

anyone with experience running 31x13.5

Found an awesome deal on some mickey thompson baja belted. 250 for half tread with rims! but not so sure how these will do. 31x13.5x15 weird size! 2x4 so i could come to appreciate the extra wide footprint, but does it look stupid sticking out so far? will this rub to the point of...
  17. V

2" of lift

Really dude please use search! But warrior universal shackles from summit racing
  18. V

Pics of the new 26s I just bought.

Very nice ex, paintjob looks amazing! Excited to see those 26s
  19. V

sub wiring issue

Definetely Run it through the firewall to the battery, don't go under the truck! Plug that hole and pretend you never put it there. Pull up the carpet at the veryfront of the driver side, kinda near the gas pedal. I ran it through the hole there, although you may need a friend to help pull...
  20. V

Rear View Mirror Removal?

I'm having the total opposite problem! Mine keeps popping off :(
  21. V

Change of plan check this out

skys the limit. totally stock youre looking at 31 max. 5 inches of lift is less than 300 bucks if you can do it yourself, then youre lookin at 33s. Beefy :) heres the link: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238214
  22. V

WoW, What a ride.

your bro sounds like a badass, im impressed. Why did he let them slam into his jeep though? :(
  23. V

I need help with idea for mods

I got the silicon and plugs for about 20 bucks all together at discount auto. What I did was I globbed a bunch of silicon on each plug then pushed it into the hole and put pressure for about 30 seconds. I chose plugs over the tape because I was worried that in the long run the tape would...
  24. V

33's No Body Lift (Illegal In Maine)

get this man a beer! I am sorry for doubting you :) Think they woulda fit without the tube bumper? 4 inch BS on the rims? nice rig!
  25. V

I need help with idea for mods

When I got my white 96 explorer the first thing I did was pull the running boards. Makes it look less like a station wagon :D I didnt go with bedliner, I chose to paint it flat black. so far its holding up great and looks amazing. I plugged all the little holes with silicon and those little...
Back