anyone with experience running 31x13.5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

anyone with experience running 31x13.5

voss24

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 XLT
Found an awesome deal on some mickey thompson baja belted. 250 for half tread with rims! but not so sure how these will do.

31x13.5x15

weird size!

2x4 so i could come to appreciate the extra wide footprint, but does it look stupid sticking out so far?

will this rub to the point of not even being worth it? currently got the torsion bars jacked up 2.5 inches with shackles in the back. ill bust out the hammer and sawzall if i have to.

ANY input is greatly appreciated, I dont know if i should stick it out for some 33s (yeah body lift soon) or if i should grab these up.

The 13.5 width is not any more than the 12.5 and I run the 15x12.5 Thornbirds and the side lugs make the tire a wide one and on 15x10 with 3.75" offset. I have the 3" spindle lift only, and the only rub I ever experienced was on the lower side skirts which I removed anyway and looks 100% better without them. The side lugs would rub slightly on the lower corner of the side skirt at full turn.

so it might be okay... could you post a picture? I see your avatar but its sooo small haha

thanks

Back