Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

How to: How to change Transfer Case rear output seal

Well, I tent to disagree with this advice , the picture you are showing it the back of the transfer case seal, going from the transfer case to the rear differential. I am talking about the front one, goes from the trasnfer case to the front differential. It has no nut , so there is no...
  2. W

How to: How to change Transfer Case rear output seal

Transfer case seal I am facing a similar job, but in my case is the front seal in the transfer case. First of , I was not able to unbolt the front U Joint. Ford has that strap looking Clamp holding the U Joint, it makes impossible to fit a socket or a wrench on the bolts to unbolt the U joint...
  3. W

Leaky transfer case seal.

Front Transfer case seal starting to leak The leaky seal is the front one. It appears that I need to disconnect the drive shaft from the front differentcinal and unbolt the yoke. I just wanted confirmation before I tacle this job. The leak just started but I do not want my transfer case to run...
  4. W

Leaky transfer case seal.

Did you ever replace the seal on your transfer case ? I noticed mine starting to leak. Bought the seal already. Not sure how to remove the shaft to replace the front seal on the transfer case... 2004 Explorer AWD
  5. W

2004 Explorer fuel filter PITA

Thanks for the advise. I will leave it alone. Although I think Ford Engineers should thought of a better place and type of fittings for this filter.
  6. W

2004 Explorer fuel filter PITA

:rolleyes:We all know how PITA is to replace the fuel filter.:rolleyes: I am contemplating the idea of relocating my fuel filter to the passenger side/firewall engine compartment. I will also cut off those fittings that require the special tool. I want to use a regular fuel hose with clamps...
  7. W

How to: Cold air in glove box -OR- No air flow from vents on Max AC - Here's a workaround

Thank you. I did the same procedure in my 2004 XLT, I used the very same trapped door I removed wedged in the passenger side under the grill by on the bottom of the windshield instead of a tape. On the 2004 thew gap is huge , hard to tape. Also you will need to remove the passenger's...
  8. W

Running Boards

I have a set of stock running boards that will fit your truck. I need the ones that fit my 2004 explorer 4 door. here is what I got. These below do not fit my 2004 . easy sanding and painting on these, only superficial rust, end caps will come off easily for paiting. If you want to trade you...
  9. W

Keyless entry pad code location

This is all true. It all depends on Model and year of the truck. The example above with pictures is the same for explorers 2003/2003 4 door
  10. W

05 pcv = $50?? Wtf???

Pcv Share with US where you got it this cheap.
  11. W

05 pcv = $50?? Wtf???

Pcv I disagre with cheap compared to imports. I bought a PCV for my Lexus LS 400 , it cost me $12 .00 $50 for a PCV is way expensive.
  12. W

Drain plug??

Drain Plug I just did mine last satureday, I did use RTV on the threads. I bought a adpter kit at harborfreight for $10 bux, has all sizes up to 1 " . Funny thing the front differential does not have a drain plug. My F150 is the other way around, the front one does, the rear one does not...
  13. W

REAR end FLuid replace

Rear end I just did mine last saturday, I got everything from Advance autoparts, Mobil one synthetic oil and the fircition modifier. I will post pictures of my spray tank fluid pumping home made deivce. LOL what a great tool it was.
  14. W

05 pcv = $50?? Wtf???

I would be interested to know what people say about this, yeah my 04 has 99K miles, I was quoted somewhere around $50 for the PCV also..
  15. W

Transmision Fill/drain/flush

Transmission refill/drain I totally agree with you , total waste. I will replace the filter tomorrow, I do have a home made pump. I bought a bug spray tank at Lowe's , best refil pump I ever seen , I refilled the truck's read end and the transfer case I just wish there was a way to dump...
  16. W

Transmision Fill/drain/flush

OK, I was reading all the posts on this subject and I still did not get a straight answer... I want to drain the ATF from the converter in my 2004 Explorer AWD In my F150 there is a rubber plug that allows access to the converter drain plug. Not in my explorer. Can I disconnect the oil...
  17. W

2004 awd transmission bolts

I have been looking around but I could not find the torque specs for the bolts on the transmission pan for a 2004 explorer AWD . Can anybody with a manual tell me that ? My Haynes does not show the torque specs for the bolts... :rolleyes:
  18. W

2004 explorer awd fuel filter replace

HELP ! I have done this before in my expedition , my F150 , Yeah The special disconnect tool hurts. I need to find out how to release the pressure in the system before doing the fuel filter replace. I know there is a valve somewhere around the fuel rail. Can someone have a picture or describe...
  19. W

Keyless entry pad code location

Hello explorers, this is my first post. I have bought a 2004 explorer and as usual nobody knows the code for the keyless pad on the driver's side door. I have done research on the net and found various posts. I bet this is out here on these forums already but I just want it to make it fresh for...
Back