Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission

Yeah, they said 2nd and 3rd gear slip. I know what the problem is I just wasn't sure if it was worth putting money into it. My explorer really isn't modified in any way so it's not that much of a loss.
  2. J

Transmission

95 Explorer Trying to figure out what I want to do. Transmission went out last week at 190k miles. There’s a code for second gear slip and 3rd gear slip. Blue book is $2500. About 1150-1800 to fix it, I’m not mechanically inclined enough to fix it my self. Should I get it fixed or...
  3. J

IAC or not?

Oh, I forgot the A/C compressor isn't kicking on and off anymore. I don't have a clue about that one. So, it's defently running alot better so far.
  4. J

IAC or not?

I got the idea from another thread to start with unpluging the battery for a few mins. Well I'm not sure if that fixed it of not, but it's running perfect at the moment. I drove it across town and parked it, sat there for 5 min and started it up again. It is still running perfect. I'm not...
  5. J

IAC or not?

I'll clean them up tonight. Also, have one other problem, I don't know if it is a simple fix or not. The compressor keeps kicking on and off for the A/C. A year I had the same problem and I took it in and had someone look at it. They said it was a pound low and it was causing it to kick...
  6. J

p1507 Idol Air Control Underspeed Error

How do you clear the code? Do you have to have a reader for that?
  7. J

IAC or not?

IAC or not? I have had all the normal symptoms for IAC problems. Bad Idol, stalling on starts, stalling on hot starts etc… Thing is I replaced the IAC and the new part ran worse than the old. I took it back and got the part replaced and the new part runs a little better, but still the...
  8. J

Engine trouble?

I have replaced my IAC about 50k or so ago. I'm starting to have symptoms again, but these are unlike the ones that I had the first time and I'm not total sure if it is the IAC or not. The first time I had IAC problems, the only thing it did is: You would be driving along on a hot day and...
  9. J

CB Radio

Ok, well I decided just to test the CB and took a cord straight to the battery. Wasn't a permanent installation so to keep it simple I just hooked the neg to the neg on the battery instead of grounding it to the frame. The thing is, it didn’t turn on. I have the Uniden 520xl. The fuse isn’t...
  10. J

CB Radio

Ok, I'm not that familiar with electrical stuff. Not sure what "power point" is, explain please. As to noise filter, I don't know what that is either. Could you explain what they do and where to get them? Thanks for your help,
  11. J

CB Radio

Yeah, I have the antenna wroughted all the way to the back. As, for the power hook up, I also thought to run a wire from the battery to the CB, but then I thought that the first time I forget to turn it off, I'll be out a battery. Anymore sugestions, anyone? Thanks, Jeremi
  12. J

CB Radio

95 Explorer Sport 4.0 I’m installing a CB radio and I can not figure out where I should attach the power to. I was thinking about putting it on the same circuit as the stereo and CD changer. Do you guys think I could just splice into the power cord to the CD changer? Or is that a bad idea...
  13. J

Girlfriend's Ford Contour

Thanks for the info. Jeremi
  14. J

You know I looked for the IAC and couldn't find it. It must look different on the Contour. Might have to buy a book. And yes I do believe that the fog horn was coming from the air filter. The dealer said that could be cause by many thing, something as little as an air filter not...
  15. J

I was pretty sure that the problem was air intake or maybe cold seals somewhere. I had not considered the IAC, because my experience with my IAC on my explorer was not remotly the same. hm:(
  16. J

I know this is an explorer site, but I have gotten some really good advice from some of you guys at this site. I have a Ford Contour question and was wondering if someone might shed some light on this. 2000 Ford Contour sport se, v6 duel overhead cam, 24v. Only 31K miles. When the car is...
  17. J

IAC After cleaning question

Even if you get the part from the dealer they will still sell you a MotorCraft part, I learned that the hard way.
  18. J

Changing Plugs

It's not that bad when you learn the best ways to get to them. My first time changing them took me forever.
  19. J

How many of you have replaced your Auto trans?

No problems yet 145,000. Standard size tires though.
  20. J

Gonna need a new tranny soon

Read this, may or may not have anything to do with it. Dead Link Removed
  21. J

Who here has the most miles on their ex.

145,000 miles on mine.
  22. J

Engine wave.

Yeah, I'm sure you get this one a lot, but I replaced the IAC. I know the IAC needed replacing; it fixed the warm engine dyeing problem. But I still have a wave in the engine seems a little worse the last 2 or 3 weeks. Also, twice in the last week or so I would stop at a light and the engine...
  23. J

Poor idle/stall/service engine light

I used to get the engine service light from an old gas cap. I'm not saying that’s the cause, but perhaps two different problems. I have had the same problem with the IAC in the past.
  24. J

2002 with new ko's

YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANY RUBBING, IS THAT ON OR OFF ROAD. OFFROAD WOULD PROBOBLY RUB A LITTLE I WOULD THINK. SWEET RIDE THOUGH. SOUNDS COOL.
  25. J

Someone make the BEEP BEEP BEEP stop in reverse!

I'D LOOK AT THE FUSE BOX TOO, BUT SEE IF ANYTHING ELSE IS ON THAT CIRCUTE FIRST. MIGHT FIND THAT INFO IN THE 5 OR 6 HUNDRED PAGE MANUAL THAT COMES WITH IT, OR A HANES GUIDE.
Back