Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Custom switch pics

Hey guys\gals. Im trying to find some ideas for mounting switches and hidden switches. I know I have seen some great ideas on here. But now I cant find them anymore.
  2. R

Wanted 01-03 Explorer Sport Gauges

OK so when my sport was swapped to an AWD V8 it got a 01 sport gauges set put in it out of a 2wd sport. So it does not have the spots for the 4hi and 4low lights. Now that I have swapped to the 4406 I want to have the dash lights. I guess its my OCD kicking in. so all I really need is the 2...
  3. R

Sick and tired of p0401 code

Ok I am finally asking for some help getting rid of my p0401 check engine code. I have done a few things and cant get it to go away. So now its time to get some suggestions on what to do. Anyways here is what I have done: Replaced dpfe sensor twice replaced lines going to dpfe and made sure...
  4. R

Front Fuel Tank Bracket w/4406

Ok so I went to the junk yard today to get some explorer parts to help out a friend. So I popping in and out of the under sides of explorers looking at transfer-case shift motors and I notice that there is a different fuel tank bracket on a 2000 sport then that is on my sport. The ones I keep...
  5. R

V8 Explorer sport w/4406

I was just wanting to see if any one besides vroomzoomboom has put a 4406 transfer case in a V8 sport. My awd transfer case a bit the dust so now I'm looking to upgrade. Tim has been a great help with this build thread and with answering all my questions. I'm just wanting to know if any one else...
  6. R

Any one running a Moats QH1?

I am thinking about taking the after market chip out of my thunderbird that I am not driving and putting it in my explorer. Any one on here ever use a Moats QH1 on there 2nd gen explorer? I'm looking to see if any one has some kind of info on this or if they have a strategy file for using it...
  7. R

Billet Grille Install How To

I just bought a billet grille for my explorer. The darn thing did not have instructions. I know there are some postings on here about how to install one but every one I find the pictures are broken. I would like to install this before I go to work tomorrow. Please help thanks
  8. R

5.0 Sport Vacuum Line Routing.

Does any one have a pic of how the vacuum lines on a 2000 5.0 are routed. I need to see how the lines on the driver side that come from the upper intake are routed. I would really like a pic of them if some one has them. Thanks
  9. R

The Wifes 98 V8 AWD XLT

Well on 13th of this month. (My b-day) I went and bought the woman a 98 V8 AWD XLT for $2700. She has been wanting a 4 door something for a while now. With with 2 kids both in car seats I can understand. As for mods the list will probably stay small. But any ways here is the plan of mods for it...
  10. R

For Sale Dub 20" RIms

I have a set of DUB wheels for sell. I just moved in to a apartment and just don't have the room to keep them laying around. I'm going to put them on craigs list but I thought I would try here first. First off the rims cost 1500 by them self without tires. I am only asking 800 for the set. That...
  11. R

Meet and Greet In Kansas?

I was wanting to see how many people are near the Kansas City, KS area. Does any one put a get to gather on around here? IF not and there is enough interest I might try and put one together since it is starting to warm up.
  12. R

Explorer Express Supercharger Kit 5.0 V8

I have been talking to explorer express and seeing what it would take for them to make a super charger kit for the 5.0 explorers again. This kit would have a 4th gen blower on it. So it would be a little different then the original kit but not much. So anyways they have given me a number of kits...
  13. R

Lowering Shackles

Any body ever use lowering shackles on there 1st or 2nd gen explorer? Any know know where to get them from?
  14. R

99 V8 Sport AWD "Black Beauty"

Hi every one out there. My name is Chris and I drive a 99 Explorer Sport. It used to be a 4.0 SOHC 4X4 and now it has new life as a 5.0 V8 AWD. Right now she sits on stock sizes tires with rims off of a 2010 Ranger. Any ways the girl friend likes to name all of my cars so she named it Black...
  15. R

EE 5.0L super charger kit pictures

Me and another local explorer nut are wanting to put super coupe super chargers on are 5.0 explorers. Mainly because I am a super coupe nut and have like 5 blowers laying around. Any ways we are going to start fabing up some parts to start putting the blowers on are EXs. So what I am looking for...
  16. R

5.0L Sport Swap Speedo and Messaga Center Help

Ok so here is the deal. I have a 99 sport that has a 2000 v8 awd drive train put in it. The sport has 4.10 gears and the v8 doner had 3.73. I might also add it has a 01 sport cluster in it. What can I do get the speedo fixed. It is almost 10MPH off. Also I took it to ford and they reprogrammed...
  17. R

Seat Track Mods

OK so I have a 99 sport with 01 sport seats in it. I have two questions. One. There is a spring on the underside of the seat that holds it forward. It has come lose. Where does it hook up at? Two. Is there a mod to make the seat slide farther forward? I have a baby in a car seat and it is harder...
  18. R

Sway Bar End Links (Rear)

I have lowered quite a few explorers so I'm not asking any questions on how to do it. What I am waiting to know what have you all done to the rear sway bar end links after you have lowered your ex. I would like to see if any one has came up with a bolt in option. I have 3 lowered explorers and...
  19. R

Wanted Cold air intake

Just looking to see if any one has a CAI for sell. I'm looking to buy one for my 2000 v8 awd sport. Let me know what you have and post a pic if you can. I am looking to buy asap. Thanks
  20. R

What do you think its worth.

Well it has been a while since I have been on here but that does not mean I still have not been messing with Explorers. Any ways I am just wanting to see what people think my Explorer would be worth. OK so here is what I have. It is a 1999 sport V8 AWD. It has 2001 sport seats and gauge cluster...
  21. R

Rearended

Well last night my wife got rear ended in the explorer. She was stopped at a light waiting to turn and some one on a cell phone not paying attention rear ended her. So far I was told by the cops that the person that hit her did not have good insurance. The frame is bent some. The leaf springs...
  22. R

RAP Pinout

I am looking for a pin out of the keyless entry module. The module is a f87f-15k602-aa out of a 98 explorer. Thanks
  23. R

Door wiring pinout

I have a 2000 sport and I am trying to find the pin out for the wiring in the door jam where the door plugs into the body. Thanks
  24. R

Wanted Cobra Caliper mounts.

Looking for a set of cobra caliper mounts. I all ready have the calipers now I just need the mounting hardware. Thanks
  25. R

Alarm Wiring

Ok I have this alarm http://www.omegarep.com/All-PDF-Files/Excalibur/Installation_Sheets/AL-1820-EDP%20Tech%20Sheet.pdf And I need help wiring this pats bypass to it. http://www.directeddealers.com/manuals/ig/accessories/N1100F_02-06.pdf Any one know how to hook this up. The alarm is...
Back