• Register Today It's free!

Door wiring pinout

R1dd1cK

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Sport V8 4406 4X4
I have a 2000 sport and I am trying to find the pin out for the wiring in the door jam where the door plugs into the body. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

which connector?

I have 2000 wiring diagrams and will try to help but need more information. Are you looking for the pinout of a specific connector? If so, please describe shape of connector (round or rectangular), pin arrangement and location (door or chassis, driver or passenger).

If you need the wire color or connector pin number of a specific function describe the function (power door lock/unlock, power window control, power mirror control).

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

This is a pic of my dads 2000 EB I have not had the time to look at my door yet but on his there is 5 wires more on the body plug then the door plug I assume the wires missing out of his door is for the heated mirrors and memory seats. I was thinking that I might have more wires on my body plug on my sport as well. That way I could add the keyless keypad and puddle lamps and that kind of thing.

I just when out and look at that plug on my sport. That body has at lest 8 more wires then the door. My guess is that they would be for the keyless keypad witch mine does not have or maybe the door lights or puddle lights mine do not have. I just need the pinout for the body plug.

C245F pinout

I've added pin numbers to your photo. They increment counter-clockwise.
C245F1s.jpg

In the table below:
"-" means unused
"*" means with electronics group
"**" means without electronics group
First I'll list the pin, circuit number, wire colors
Later I'll add the circuit name/function

Pin Circuit
1 -
2 120 (PK/LG) Master window/door lock control switch to RAP module Unlock
3 119 (PK/YE) Master window/door lock control switch to RAP module Lock
4 542 (YE) right exterior mirror motors common
5 543 (DG) right exterior mirror left/right motor
6 544 (VT) right exterior mirror up/down motor
7 956 (OG/LG) +12v to power mirror directional control switch
8 59 (DG/VT) +12v to left exterior rear view mirror defrost
9 956 (OG/LG) +12v to power mirror directional control switch & memory seat switch
10 267 (BN/LG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory 1 activate
11 268 (BK/OG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory 2 activate
12 270 (BN/OG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory select
13 57 (BK) Memory seat switch to ground
14 272 (WH/OG) Driver seat module to Memory seat switch LED
15 235 (RD/BK) dimmer module to left front power window switch & power door lock switch (2door)
16 -
17 765 (YE/BK) Left front door ajar switch to GEM
18 25 (DG/VT)
19 55 (BK/PK) dimmer module to left exterior rear view mirror
20 813 (LB/WH) radio to left front speaker
21 804 (OG/LG) radio to left front speaker
22 -
23 124 (BN) Keypad to RAP module common ground
24 123 (RD) Keypad to RAP module 9/0 switch
25 122 (YE) Keypad to RAP module 7/8 switch
26 121 (YE/BK) Keypad to RAP module 5/6 switch
27 79 (LG/RD) Keypad to RAP module 3/4 switch
28 78 (LB/YE) Keypad to RAP module 1/2 switch
29 66 (LB) RAP module to Keypad lamp power
30 313 (WH/YE) Master Right front window switch to right front power window switch (2 door)
31 991 (TN/LB) Master Left front window switch to one touch down relay (2 door)
32 903 (RD) One touch down relay to left front power window motor
33 -
34 *163 (RD/OG) Driver door unlock relay to left front door lock actuator
34 ** 118 (PK/OG) Door unlock relay to left front door lock actuator
35 117 (PK/BK) Door lock relay to left front door lock actuator
36 400 (LB/BK) accessory delay relay to left front power window switch (2 door)
37 316 (YE/LB) Master left rear window switch to left rear window switch (4 door)
38 317 (GY/OG) Master left rear window switch to left rear window switch (4 door)
39 -
40 -
41 -
42 170 (RD/LB) Master window lock switch to left & right rear & right front power window switches (4 door)
43 320 (RD/BK) Master Right rear window switch to right rear power window switch (4 door)
44 319 (YE/BK) Master Right rear window switch to right rear power window switch (4 door)
45 57 (BK) Keypad lamp to ground
46 -
47 314 (TN/LB) Master Right front window switch to right front power window switch (2 door)
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 -
55 -
56 -

This helps a lot thanks. I'm looking forward to having the circuit name/function info.

This has helped a lot. So on my sport it looks like it is wired for they keypad up to the plug that plugs into the door. Looks like just my door does not have the wiring. Do you have the rest of the functions?

Ford wiring diagrams

The Ford wiring diagrams are organized by function (i.e. charging system, warning chime, power windows, etc.) for the first 200 pages or so. Then there are pages of connector drawings followed by pages of component location views. In order to fill in the table I have to search thru the function diagrams looking for the 245 connector and signal number. Then I trace the wiring path to describe the signal function. It's a slow process but I don't know any other way. I should have all the ones I can find posted this evening.

do you think if i check these it might be why my doors dont lock but they unlock wiht the remote or the button on the inside of the car i checked the relays and they are all fine and fuses but they still wont lock with the remote or the buttons on the door

if you could help me out that would be awesome

The Ford wiring diagrams are organized by function (i.e. charging system, warning chime, power windows, etc.) for the first 200 pages or so. Then there are pages of connector drawings followed by pages of component location views. In order to fill in the table I have to search thru the function diagrams looking for the 245 connector and signal number. Then I trace the wiring path to describe the signal function. It's a slow process but I don't know any other way. I should have all the ones I can find posted this evening.

I didn't know it was that much of a pain. Thanks for going though the trouble.

19 55 (BK/PK) dimmer module to left exterior rear view mirror. Did they explorer come with auto dimming drivers mirror?

Part of what I am trying to do is we got a set of heated mirrors off a limited with puddle lamps. It is missing 2 wires to turn on the heated part. I didn't see anything about heated mirror wires.

door unlock circuit

do you think if i check these it might be why my doors dont lock but they unlock wiht the remote or the button on the inside of the car i checked the relays and they are all fine and fuses but they still wont lock with the remote or the buttons on the door

if you could help me out that would be awesome

There may be differences in the 1998 and 2000 wiring but below is what my wiring diagrams show. If you've tested the Driver Door Unlock Relay in Aux Relay Box #2 and the Master Window Door Lock Control Switch then you might check the following wire paths.

Central Junction Box fuse 18 (25 Amp) > BK/WH wire > Aux Relay Box #2, Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 1 & Pin 5

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 2 > LG wire > RAP module pin 1 (unlock driver door)

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 4 > PK/OG wire > all 4 door lock actuators

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 3 > RD/OG wire > C245 pin 34 > PK/OG wire > left front door lock actuator

RAP Module Pin 22 (Lock Input/Output) > PK/YE wire > C245 pin 3 > Master Window Door Lock Control Switch & Right Front Power Door Lock Switch

There may be differences in the 1998 and 2000 wiring but below is what my wiring diagrams show. If you've tested the Driver Door Unlock Relay in Aux Relay Box #2 and the Master Window Door Lock Control Switch then you might check the following wire paths.

Central Junction Box fuse 18 (25 Amp) > BK/WH wire > Aux Relay Box #2, Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 1 & Pin 5

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 2 > LG wire > RAP module pin 1 (unlock driver door)

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 4 > PK/OG wire > all 4 door lock actuators

Driver Door Unlock Relay Pin 3 > RD/OG wire > C245 pin 34 > PK/OG wire > left front door lock actuator

RAP Module Pin 22 (Lock Input/Output) > PK/YE wire > C245 pin 3 > Master Window Door Lock Control Switch & Right Front Power Door Lock Switch

thank you so much on this i will be checking all this out after the rain clears here in michigan and i will let ou kno what i find out and btw is it weird that the doors like with the switch all they way in back were the hatch is?

mirror defrost

19 55 (BK/PK) dimmer module to left exterior rear view mirror. Did they explorer come with auto dimming drivers mirror?

I can't tell from the diagram if the voltage for the exterior mirror illumination is constant or variable. I just know that it passes thru the Off/Norm/ On switch in the Dimmer module. I suspect it is variable like the courtesy lamps.

Part of what I am trying to do is we got a set of heated mirrors off a limited with puddle lamps. It is missing 2 wires to turn on the heated part. I didn't see anything about heated mirror wires.

C245 pin 8 circuit 59 (DG/VT) +12v to left exterior rear view mirror defrost

The return for the mirror defrost is a blk wire that goes to a common splice (S500) and then to a common ground (G204).

S500 is located 130mm from branch for left front door lock actuator
G204 is located under left side of instrument panel behind kick panel

IMG_0295.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

This is a pic of my dads 2000 EB I have not had the time to look at my door yet but on his there is 5 wires more on the body plug then the door plug I assume the wires missing out of his door is for the heated mirrors and memory seats. I was thinking that I might have more wires on my body plug on my sport as well. That way I could add the keyless keypad and puddle lamps and that kind of thing.

Hello. I am looking at your photo of the ford explorer door wire Pinout. Could you please tell me if I am correct or not. On the top of the pinout is a plastic cap if I remove it and unscrew the nut that is there will that release the bottom of the Pinout? My power windows will not work because the metal connector that goes inside the pinout broke off, so I need to get it out and think that the nut is what opens the pinout. Am I correct in that, is it that simple just unscrew the nut and the lower portion of the pinout separates ?

thank you for your time Tina

C245F pinout

I've added pin numbers to your photo. They increment counter-clockwise.
View attachment 64895

In the table below:
"-" means unused
"*" means with electronics group
"**" means without electronics group
First I'll list the pin, circuit number, wire colors
Later I'll add the circuit name/function

Pin Circuit
1 -
2 120 (PK/LG) Master window/door lock control switch to RAP module Unlock
3 119 (PK/YE) Master window/door lock control switch to RAP module Lock
4 542 (YE) right exterior mirror motors common
5 543 (DG) right exterior mirror left/right motor
6 544 (VT) right exterior mirror up/down motor
7 956 (OG/LG) +12v to power mirror directional control switch
8 59 (DG/VT) +12v to left exterior rear view mirror defrost
9 956 (OG/LG) +12v to power mirror directional control switch & memory seat switch
10 267 (BN/LG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory 1 activate
11 268 (BK/OG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory 2 activate
12 270 (BN/OG) Memory seat switch to Driver seat module memory select
13 57 (BK) Memory seat switch to ground
14 272 (WH/OG) Driver seat module to Memory seat switch LED
15 235 (RD/BK) dimmer module to left front power window switch & power door lock switch (2door)
16 -
17 765 (YE/BK) Left front door ajar switch to GEM
18 25 (DG/VT)
19 55 (BK/PK) dimmer module to left exterior rear view mirror
20 813 (LB/WH) radio to left front speaker
21 804 (OG/LG) radio to left front speaker
22 -
23 124 (BN) Keypad to RAP module common ground
24 123 (RD) Keypad to RAP module 9/0 switch
25 122 (YE) Keypad to RAP module 7/8 switch
26 121 (YE/BK) Keypad to RAP module 5/6 switch
27 79 (LG/RD) Keypad to RAP module 3/4 switch
28 78 (LB/YE) Keypad to RAP module 1/2 switch
29 66 (LB) RAP module to Keypad lamp power
30 313 (WH/YE) Master Right front window switch to right front power window switch (2 door)
31 991 (TN/LB) Master Left front window switch to one touch down relay (2 door)
32 903 (RD) One touch down relay to left front power window motor
33 -
34 *163 (RD/OG) Driver door unlock relay to left front door lock actuator
34 ** 118 (PK/OG) Door unlock relay to left front door lock actuator
35 117 (PK/BK) Door lock relay to left front door lock actuator
36 400 (LB/BK) accessory delay relay to left front power window switch (2 door)
37 316 (YE/LB) Master left rear window switch to left rear window switch (4 door)
38 317 (GY/OG) Master left rear window switch to left rear window switch (4 door)
39 -
40 -
41 -
42 170 (RD/LB) Master window lock switch to left & right rear & right front power window switches (4 door)
43 320 (RD/BK) Master Right rear window switch to right rear power window switch (4 door)
44 319 (YE/BK) Master Right rear window switch to right rear power window switch (4 door)
45 57 (BK) Keypad lamp to ground
46 -
47 314 (TN/LB) Master Right front window switch to right front power window switch (2 door)
48 -
49 -
50 -
51 -
52 -
53 -
54 -
55 -
56 -

I joined the forum to say thanks I was able to wire into my 2000 Mountaineer a heated mirror using some wires from the old non heated mirror that went to the puddle lamp. I broke the mirror and then the jacking pin. I thought I had a non-working heated mirror and tried to check it out. :-( In any case I was able to use pins 8 and 13 to hook up the heat in a new mirror. I have a new mirror for the other side too. I may post how I did it if anyone is interested. I suspect having lived in the UP, if the heated mirrors were a reasonable cost option, I would have bought them when I got the car. Current cost was about $70 for new units.

Back