Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

First Gen Budget Lift Parts

Cleaning out my first gen parts. Here's what I have: Warrior 153 rear lift shackles - No bolts F-150 Coil seats F-250 Shock towers - One is half ass welded to a stock first gen Explorer Coil bucket as shown. Say $50 each or make me an offer. Can ship from Long Island, NY.
  2. B

For Sale Some D44 SAS parts

Decided against doing a SAS on the Bronco so clearing out some parts. First up are a set of mid 80's fill size Bronco radius arm mounts. Some surface rust but still solid. $80 for the pair. Also selling the Early Bronco Dana 44 I was going to put under the BII. It is SEMI COMPLETE. You will...
  3. B

OHV Valve Covers

Looking for both valve covers for a 4.0 OHV motor.
  4. B

Wanted: Shifter, clutch pedals, y-pipe

Edited. Just looking for y-pipe for 93-94 Explorer. This is the one with ttwo O2 sensors.
  5. B

D44 TTB VS Extended D35 TTB

After the last wheeling trip it became apparent that I need to do something with the suspension on my Bronco II. I've tossed around the idea of a SAS for a while (and even went as far as aquiring an axle and re-gearing). Call me crazy, but I like the TTB. For my applications it works fine. Some...
  6. B

For Sale EB Dana 44 w/4.56

Decided on a less crazy direction with my Bronco II build so my Dana 44 is up for sale again. I will take some pictures tomorrow when the rain stops. Early Bronco Dana 44 with Chevy disc brake swap. I broke down the axle last winter when I regeared it with Yukon 4.56's. Parts are in boxes...
  7. B

$500 ebay A/C Install

So after a few years with out A/C and the hottest summer recorded on Long Island, I decided something had to be done. It's been so hot lately that the little beast barely gets out except for the occasional early morning beach run. I figured an under dash unit would be perfect. My old Buick has a...
  8. B

Wanted First Gen AC Compressor bolts

Cancel that. Aerostar bolts work just fine.
  9. B

Wanted 95-01 Overhead Console

Looking for an overhead console from a 95-01 Explorer. This is the one with two lights and compass/temp. Color not important as long as the Compass/Temp function works.
  10. B

Towing a Bronco II

My daily driver is an 01 Explorer Sport SOHC automagic. Nicely maintained and just hit 90K. Looking to possibly use it as a tow vehicle for my Bronco II and wanted to get some opinions from the gurus. The BII is the one in my signature. Lifted about 2 inches on 31's. It's becoming too busy of...
  11. B

WTB Fuel Rail Lines 92-94 Explorer

Had lines remade locally. All good now.
  12. B

WTB: 2nd Gen Seat Belts

Procured the correct belts. Please close this thread.
  13. B

For Sale EB Dana 44, Checy disc conversion and more

Picked up an Early Bronco Dana 44 earlier this year but build is going a different direction. According to the BOM it's from a 76' Bronco with 3.54's. It has been converted to Chevy disc brakes. I have the caliper cores. Comes with radius arms with wedges. Axle itself has the weld on...
  14. B

For Sale Explorer Express CAI 99-03 SOHC

For sale is a complete Cold Air Intake kit from Explorer Express. All necessary hardware is included. Cost ~200 to get it to my doorstep so I'm asking $150 or best offer.
  15. B

3.73 8.8 Disc and 2" Body Lift

For sale is the 8.8 that I put under Eleanor then removed. It's from a 2000 4-door. Complete disc to disc. 3.73 non-limited slip. Has about 100,000 miles on it. Changed the diff fluid 1,000 miles ago and it was clean. Still has leafs attached. $200 2" body lift for 84-89 Bronco II/Rangers. PA...
  16. B

Stuck RPM after Shift

My black ex is a 01' Sport 4WD with the SOHC. Automatic. Just crossed 75,x.. miles earlier this week. Bought it in June this year from the original owner. Very clean but in need of an oil change. When I first bought it, and took it for a test drive, it seemed to run,drive and shift normal...
  17. B

Wanted 1354/1350 manual 'Detent Bushing'

While tearing down my manual 1354 t-case, I removed the metal arm/wire that rides in the actual plate (7C439 in the diagram below) that moves when you shift. On the end that goes into this plate is a little bushing or cam as I've seen it referred too. That piece shot off into oblivion. In the...
  18. B

Bronco II auto trans/manual tcase floor plate

My BII has an A4LD with the floor shifter and I'm looking to swap in a 1354 manual tcase. I'm looking for the floor plate that has the holes for the trans and tcase shifter.
  19. B

bats 88 Bronco II Build Up aka Project Second Chance

Following the rollover of the demon truck, I was on the hunt for a new ride. Went through about 4 different vehicles before finding an add for an 88 Bronco II with 45,x.. original miles. 'A real grandpa car,' was the tag line. Too good to be true? It was in my price range so I decided to check...
  20. B

Wanted D35 inner stub shaft and Extended Radius Arms

I'm looking for: 1.The inner stub shaft for a Dana 35 for a first gen. I have the other shafts, I just need the inner one. 2.I picked up a 5.5" Superlift and am looking for some extended radius arms to go with it.
  21. B

Loose floor shifter

I recently picked up an 88 Bronco II with an automatic transmission. It has the shifter on the floor. I drove it around the lot and it feels like it shifts fine. The problem is the lockout button you need to press to shift between the gears does not work. This means if I accidentally hit the...
  22. B

Rattle, CEL and underpowered

Two weekends ago I got my first gen sport stuck in a water trap. See here->http://www.explorerforum.com/forums//showthread.php?t=292586I had water up to the back seat. While stuck, I revved it once to try and rock it out and then I guess the engine suffocated and died. Immediately turned the key...
  23. B

Puddle jumping

It's been a while since I made a trip to Smith Point and I figured I'd get one last ride in before it gets to cold for the beach. Let me give guys the lay of the land. On one side of the dunes is the beach. With all the recent storms, the beach has been eroded away and there's only about 100...
  24. B

Help me with my dilemma

Here is my situation in a nutshell: My 94 four door has a broken u-joint and probably needs the axle bearings replaced. I don't have the time or place to do it myself so I'd have to hunt down an axle and have the local truck shop do it. Estimated cost: $800 at least. What good is a truck...
  25. B

bat's redheaded step child

A few months ago I took my 94 Explorer to Rausch Creek. While it held its own, it escaped with a few bumps and bruises. I caught the bumper on a stump and bent it. Knocked the running board trim clear off, minor stuff. I thought I got away relatively unscathed until we got back to the main area...
Back