Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

taillight swap

i was just wondering if a taillight from a 96 explorer xlt would fit on a 98 explorer xlt? thanks for your help.
  2. J

wheel bearings

that sucks that you can't just replace the bearing. thanks for the quick responses!
  3. J

wheel bearings

on a 98 explorer xlt do you really need to get a new front hub assembly if you need new wheel bearings? or can you just find get bearings to replace the old ones?
  4. J

How do I press in upper ball joint? PICTURES

use carpartswholesale.com
  5. J

1999 explorer rumble when turning at low speed

im having the same problem. its been happening for about 2 weeks on and off. but just really started doing it so im putting it on a lift today to check everything out. im in school right now but my autos class isn't for another 2 hours. ill let you what i find out.
  6. J

Just purchased first 1998 Ford Explorer

how much did u pick it up for?
  7. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

i use synth because of better protection. i have mobil 1 in my explorer right now. like i said, im just curious as to what the differences between them are.
  8. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

alright. it makes no sense why the dealer was selling it as an AWD then. kinda pissed at them because i feel stupid. thank you though.
  9. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

i don't think were on the same page here. i am talking about the differences between motorcraft synthetic and mobil 1 synthetic. what are you talking about?
  10. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

synthetic oil?
  11. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

whats the difference between awd and auto 4wd?
  12. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

well, im just curious if there is a difference between using motorcraft or mobil 1 in a ford.
  13. J

VIN problem? Confused

im trying to decode my vin# using this thread, http://www.explorerforum.com/ntrprize/VIN.htm , and im a bit confused. the fourth digit is for vehicle weight rating and my fourth digit is Z. does anyone know whats up with that? thanks and merry christmas.:us:
  14. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

yeah. the selector switch has auto, 4x4high, and 4x4lo. im pretty sure its awd. drives like one. said it when i bought it. and i've seen the selector switches on rwd explorers an such and it has 2wd, 4x4h, and 4x4lo.
  15. J

motorcraft or mobil 1?

ice been looking into different oils lately and im thinking about using motorcraft oil. on my last car i used mobil 1 and thats what i put into my explorer when i first got it. ive only changed the oil once in it so far and i used mobil 1 just because thats what i was used to using. but my...
  16. J

Happy holidays

thanks man. same to you and everyone else!
  17. J

my explorer

here's some more pictures i took.
  18. J

Is this car worth 4 grand?

i got my explorer for 4500. its in incredibly good shape and when i bought it it had 80,000 miles. id try to keep looking a bit longer. and i'd take it to your mechanic and have him look at most of the mechanical aspects of it. looks great, but 160k is really getting up there.
  19. J

my explorer

235/75-15
  20. J

my explorer

this is my 98 explorer xlt. 83000 miles. i would've taken more picture but it was cold out, and now its dark out. ill put some more up. the interior is immaculate. engine bay is very nice. some dings and scratches. but i love her.
  21. J

bose?

so let me get this straight. you think that they are as well known and overratted because of they're marketing department. i know that when i listen to bose the sound quality is better than anything else i have ever heard. even my mom has it in her 2003 envoy and she listens to music louder than...
  22. J

bose?

its all based on personal opinion.
  23. J

bose?

i don't think its a waste of money if your looking for sound quality. and im not the person to throw some subs and an amp in the back.
  24. J

bose?

i would love to put some bose speakers in my explorer. but can you buy bose that are in different sizes for vehicles? also, what are the sizes for all of the speakers in a 1998 xlt? thanks all
  25. J

97 explorer sport need fuel filter replacement

its relatively simple to do. i did mine at the shop in my school. i guess its always easier with a lift. but for doing it and using the tool for the first time it took probably 40 min, and cost $8 for the filter and my teacher had the tool.
Back