Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Electronic Supercharger

of course it will cost energy, and of course there will be energy lost. are you building the next prius or trying to find a way to have a boost button you can push to get more hp for a few seconds when you are getting on the highway or pulling away from an obnoxiously long red light? if it...
  2. J

Electronic Supercharger

you know, when i spent the time to write a response to you i did all i could to be as civil about it as i could stand. and you come back at me like a jackass, reguritating the information others and myself have put forth as if it were your own. 2000streetrod has stated the problem with some...
  3. J

Electronic Supercharger

once again, this is NOT perpectual motion, just like a typical supercharger or turbocharger are not perpetual motion. the energy to run the electric motor is coming off the engine, from an alternator, then stored in batteries, then discharged into the motor to create the boost. now, the engine...
  4. J

Vaccum Leak

ohv or sohc? probably the plenum gaskets. done this job on my ohv, about 2 hr process if you do the upper manifold gasket at the same time, the gasket set comes with the plenum gaskets and the upper manifold gasket. if you just did the plenum gasket it could be a 1 hr job if you are good with...
  5. J

Electronic Supercharger

let me clairfy my point of view b4 i run off, electric superchargers pretty much suck in all ways. they require large/expensive batteries and/or capacitors to produce the wattage needed to provide enough power to make any decent amount of boost on a decent size engine. they however, could be...
  6. J

Electronic Supercharger

if you paid for that education someone owes you money. perpetual motion has nothing to do with this....... electric superchargers work just fine.
  7. J

1999 Ford Explorer Remote Start

did you figure this out?
  8. J

elevated idle on startup, normal?

i know exactly which sensor you are talking about. i will probably replace it just for the heck of it if its that cheap. O2 sensors will be getting replaced as well. do coil packs wear out or are they all or nothing? i am thinking about replacing that as well, i would like to find a good...
  9. J

Treadwright tires anyone?

so if anyone cares here is what i have heard about retreads. the issue with why they fly apart on some people, but not on others, is similar to the reason some of those firestones flew apart. majority of the time it comes down to tire pressure and duration of high speed travel. meaning, when...
  10. J

alrighty, well then i suppose shes running like a champ!
  11. J

interesting, did not know that! thanks
  12. J

so, normal?
  13. J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1qggKzGdII warm startup
  14. J

it might take me a while but i will figure it out. stay tuned
  15. J

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwwdoHTGnR4 cold startup
  16. J

i use different oil pretty much every time honestly. it has mobil 1 full synthetic in it right now. i dont have any valve clattering or anything, just some intermittent knocking. and its not like knock knock knock knock knock, its just random knocks every so often. and it does not at all...
  17. J

at idle not in gear the engine is shaky and there is mild knocking
  18. J

just made some videos, im going to upload them to youtube here shortly. as for the ect, could this give the wrong signal and keep the engine running in warm up mode constantly?
  19. J

i am going to make a video right now.
  20. J

i have also been wondering if knock sensors loose accuracy with age, i replaced one on my mothers car which would barely run at all, and it ran quite a bit better with a new one. but hers was cracked and was throwing a code mine is not. i am also fairly sure i need all new O2 sensors, who knows...
  21. J

what is the ETC?
  22. J

oh and where is the air temp sensor? i was under the impression that was built into the MAF, which i clean with MAF cleaner regularly.
  23. J

those numbers are all in park or neutral. i believe it is in that 6-700 range in drive. i think i will make a video and post it. much easier to see than to explain in words.
  24. J

Building a 4.0 OHV for power

twin turbos ftw :D
  25. J

99 ohv it has done this the whole time i have owned it, which has been for the past 30k miles. i have replaced the plenum/upper manifold gaskets, just put new plugs in, replaced the wires a year or so ago, replaced the fuel filter a year or so ago, new maf a while back, new iac. no codes...
Back