Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

1998 - 2001 5.0L 302ci Ford Explorer Drivers Side Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold

cool, thanks. I didnt see a listing for the passenger side. So? are you getting dried out from the flood yet?
  2. H

1998 - 2001 5.0L 302ci Ford Explorer Drivers Side Cast Iron Exhaust Manifold

cast iron manifold Am i reading this correctly? the passenger side is not available in cast? is it a problem to use cast on the drivers side and tubular on the pass? that doesnt seem right? :wtf:
  3. H

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

142.....ish lost count after the odo went BOOM, well snap
  4. H

Air Ride Suspension

becareful after you turn it off. think NO SHOCKS. not really, but it will sag and tend to body roll a LOT. But, it does make the drive interesting.
  5. H

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

OK, I drove my wounded duck for a year with oh so much heat in the summer and a wonderfully operational air conditioner in the dead of winter. But, my daughter has my ex on an extended loan... last week slc had its first good snow. she was on the freeway and nearly @sspacked someone because she...
  6. H

1998 explorer subwoofer replacement

Henry, its inthe right rear panel, just inside the tailgate
  7. H

HI my name is kerby and I'm a Exploraholic

Im not interesting. but im usually friendly! ;o) welcome!
  8. H

Finally a Gen III Explorer Owner!!!

That is a nice looking rig. Thanx for sharing!
  9. H

Cloudy Headlights-How to

I know this is a stale thread, but I bought a kit that consisted of a 3" sanding disc that takes a tape on sponge and some type of abrasive liquid. It is truly amazing, BUT after turning the headlights on my daughters coralla s into brand new quality lights, I started on my ex. I ran out of...
  10. H

body part question

yes, thats what i was thinking too. I was hoping someone would know the name of the part so i could search salvage lines on line. Do you?
  11. H

Mobil 1 recall

Hmmmmm its still on the shelves in Salt Lake... guess our air is exempt ;o)
  12. H

power steering pump is loud

Yep, I did the same d@mned thing. I replaced the pump, which revealed the tensioner idler was bad,,,, which reavealed the lower idler was bad..... which led to... which led to....
  13. H

body part question

So, while changing the plugs and wires, the hood slammed on my...... lets say beverage can.. and shattered the plastic piece that spans the top of the front of the engine compartment.. that surrounds the hood latch.. I cant find a description of it, or where to buy one. Any ideas? Do you know...
  14. H

Check Air Ride System Message

mine cycles a LOT. the shocks are tired and I think the lines may leak. If i have any load on, it will cycle until the compressor cuts out and i get the check air system. After I shut the ignition off and restart, it works again. I think its just time for new shocks. If you find something else...
  15. H

U-Haul won't rent me an auto transport trailer

they just wont. Its a relic of the wonderful roll over days with the exploders. The only way around it is to borrow a buddy's rig to get the trailer, then hook up to it. IM not saying lie,,, the very thought.... just the less said the bettah.
  16. H

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

I prefer the whites letter out. Especially if its a high end tire.
  17. H

5.0 Repair or Replace?

ive started a couple of swaps and never finished one properly... this is my daily driver. so im going to have to enlist someone that will do it right.. sad but true.
  18. H

5.0 Repair or Replace?

thats installed
  19. H

Once you start, you can't stop

That deck is sick! did you have any issues with it? can you share a bit a bout it? Nice x!
  20. H

5.0 Repair or Replace?

Ok, once I realize I ask dumb questions... they come much easier... So, the 5.0 sounds like a candidate for euthenasia; IM seeing prices anywhere from 3500 to 6600 for a stock rebuild. I cant see paying to have a used engine installed just to take a chance it will puke a month later. Id...
  21. H

anyone have these tail lights?

one way is to post your pics to photo bucket, save them to a folder. click on the photo you want to post (in photobucket) copy the html or picture message url; paste that address into your message and shazam! your pic is out there for all to enjoy. g
  22. H

So, there I was...

good ideas, both. Thank you. I am going to put a new battery in it... thank god the eagle pooped today. Then I'll try taking the belt off for a few minutes. I tried the long extension/stethoscope method... its weird.. i cant find the origin. Id be friggin ecstatic if it was the alternator. I'll...
  23. H

So, there I was...

Yes, I did the tune up. I added seafoam and ran it another 300 miles. Changed the oil with high mileage synthetic. the knock/tap is still there. The strange thing is; When the engine is cold its silent... after the engine comes to temp its taps.... louder when you put the coal to it. BUT not all...
  24. H

So, there I was...

another peek... The heat shields didnt hamper me, The only real complication was the old plastic looms... yep im shopping lol
  25. H

So, there I was...

That is straight up TRUE! I actually called around... Here in Salty.. the going price for plugs and wires IF I supplied the parts goes for 300 to 325... Not bad for 30 minutes of work... here is a look through the driver's side wheel well.
Back