Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

probably more exciting to me than you guys...

my own experiences on owning many vehicles is that bug deflectors only deflect bugs onto the windshield. Exactly what you don't want. They are completely useless. But enjoy! Just my 0.02
  2. A

cheap upgrades/performance mods!

what year Mustang MAF can you use?
  3. A

31X10.5X15 Pics, Please

mine did before I did TT and shackles.
  4. A

Where do I relieve fuel preasure? 4.0l OHV

push in the schrader valve into a rag with a screw driver..
  5. A

Fuel pump problems.

I highly recommend cutting the access panel it is very easy to do with a dremmel or cutting disc. Took me 30 mins to cut the panel and now I can change fuel pumps in 10 mins. I went through 3 CRAP fuel pumps from CHEAP sources and should have just went with the NAPA drop in the first time. As...
  6. A

Disable ABS

here is the thing my wheel hubs do not need replacement so until they do this is my solution. Does anyone know if this affects the auto 4x4?
  7. A

Got cats cut out. No issues

umm cutting the cats out in BC is DEFINITELY not legal.
  8. A

Disable ABS

For sure not rotors or hub bearing it did it when I got the truck and after I put new brakes on all around. From what I understand it is one of the sensors in the front hub. Not sure which one it is but you have to replace the entire hub from what I know.
  9. A

Disable ABS

So I have had the pulsing brake pedal now for 3 years and am sick of it. How to I disable the ABS system on my X? Can I just unplug a wheel sensor?
  10. A

96' Bad Fuel pump B4 I drop the tank what Fuse

FYI I just went through 3 bad all in a row fuel pumps for my 96 X and let me tell you I am glad as HELL on the first one that I cut an access panel from inside the truck. It took only a matter of 25 mins the first time to cut the hole and 5 mins to change the pump there after. HIGHLY recommend...
  11. A

OK, here is what my local spring shop told me to do for the rear lift...

This is exactly what I have in my X I got F150 springs arched 2" with an add a leaf and just under normal driving they were back to normal within a year or so. I now just have home made shackles that look and work way better. But I do like the f150 springs its a little rougher ride but when u...
  12. A

Code's

so I got some intake cleaner, cleaned the IAC, dumped 2 bottles of high concentrate injector cleaner in and have not had a problem since, "knock on wood".
  13. A

Code's

ok took out & cleaned 1 & 2 plugs.. They looked almost new.. a little bit of corrosion on plug #1 and nothing on plug #2. Took apart entire intake and cleaned it out with some intake cleaner including the throttle body. Will test drive tomorrow on way to work to see if she dies again. If so are...
  14. A

Code's

just pull any 2 plugs? or cyl 1 & 2?
  15. A

Code's

I think it was NGK plugs.. but it was like 4 years ago now.. just not many miles on them.. and wires are just NAPA brand wires..
  16. A

Code's

I have the weirdest problem with my X lately. I am getting P300, P301, P302, P1000. Codes the truck sputters out and dies when driving, if I pull over and reset the codes 9/10 it will start up fine and drive again for 20 mins no probs. Any idea's? I have done fuel pump, filter, FPR, new plugs...
  17. A

Oil Dipstick?

uhh it has to be or else how are you ever going to get it out?
  18. A

Code Probs

How do you test it?
  19. A

Maybe the fuel pump?

hope its cheaper than the $1100 that ford quoted me for my fuel pump.. I did it myself for $100 and invested the other $1000.. :)
  20. A

Code Probs

anyone recommend changing to the Accel distributor?
  21. A

Add-a-leaf vs. F-150 leaf pack

I got new f-150 springs with more of an arch put on them to raise the back end up a little. It is a little rougher ride but well worth it in the end.
  22. A

Maybe the fuel pump?

I HIGHLY recommend cutting a hole inside the truck to do the fuel pump. I did mine that way and it was SO easy. I swap fuel pumps now in 15 mins. So when my junk yard special fuel pump dies I can just get another one and slap it in.
  23. A

Code Probs

help anyone?
  24. A

Weird Windows

Figured out at least a little part of it.. There was a pulled out wire on the drivers window switch. Replaced that and it works now. As for the rest I don't think I will both with. They can all go up and down as I want them too so thats enough for me. thanks guys!
  25. A

Code Probs

These codes were only thrown when I was towing my 2 place quad trailer and not at all since. Any chance of a coincidence? Maybe she does not want me to tow with her anymore?
Back