• Register Today It's free!

Code's

AmsoilGuy

Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Exploder XLT 4x4
I have the weirdest problem with my X lately. I am getting P300, P301, P302, P1000. Codes the truck sputters out and dies when driving, if I pull over and reset the codes 9/10 it will start up fine and drive again for 20 mins no probs. Any idea's? I have done fuel pump, filter, FPR, new plugs, wires. Any idea's? thanks guys..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

does it tell you what the codes mean?

I think 301 and 302 mean lean banks, is that correct? you'll probably have to do the OOM12 kit....

Si

301 and 302 are cylinders 1 and 2 misfiring. These are probably kicking 300 which is randon cylinders misfiring. 1000 is monitor not loading. That could be because you're constantly reseting the computer.

Do you smell rotten egg at all when driving? You also might look at the shape of the injectors. But first I'd pull the plugs on cyl 1 and 2 and see how they look. What brand of plugs and wires did you buy?

I think it was NGK plugs.. but it was like 4 years ago now.. just not many miles on them.. and wires are just NAPA brand wires..

I'd probably pull the two plugs before anything and take a look at them. If they look good then I'd probably start looking at injectors.

just pull any 2 plugs? or cyl 1 & 2?

yes, pull them first, that is what code 301 ,302 is, them misfiring,

ok took out & cleaned 1 & 2 plugs.. They looked almost new.. a little bit of corrosion on plug #1 and nothing on plug #2. Took apart entire intake and cleaned it out with some intake cleaner including the throttle body. Will test drive tomorrow on way to work to see if she dies again. If so are you guys figuring injectors are toast?

so I got some intake cleaner, cleaned the IAC, dumped 2 bottles of high concentrate injector cleaner in and have not had a problem since, "knock on wood".

Back