Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Low oil pressure with an oil leak.

I was driving my Van outta town when I started smelling oil burining, I'm gussing it might have sprung a leak and was dripping on the manifold. I stopped at the store and put some oil in and started heading home. So I'm on the fereeway almost home, still smelling burnt oil... All of a sudden...
  2. B

My van went dead when I tried to start it.

Lights don't dim and the Van starts right up. Just a fyi but the starter is only about 8 months old. about the wires I'm pretty sure they are on right, but just in case is there a diagram of how they shoul be put on?
  3. B

Bad solenoid, WTH?!? I just got the old one less than 2 months ago. Do these things go bad often?
  4. B

The terminals are clean...I didn't check the solenoid, I'll have to do it in the morning. The van is at a parking lot at a resteraunt.
  5. B

I started my Van and it idled for a few seconds then turned off, lights everything. Now I can't start it at all. Tried to jump it but nothing I mean nothing would turn on! Wish I could put in more info, but that's all it did. :mad:
  6. B

Weird start up problem.

It turned out being the new $23 starter solenoid. I replaced it with an $11 one from AZ. , been starting up fine ever since.
  7. B

Window motor rivets.

On my Lumina I just changed out my window regulator and I drilled the rivets out and replaced them with screws.
  8. B

Weird start up problem.

I'm pretty sure I kept the wiring the same...
  9. B

Weird start up problem.

Yes, the guages turn off.
  10. B

Weird start up problem.

While I am thinking about it, I was having a starting problem earlier in the week just getting clicks, so I changed out the starter solenoid located on the fire wall. So this other problem started the day after I put in that part. Maybe a bad solenoid? I'm at work right now but I will check...
  11. B

Weird start up problem.

No remote start system
  12. B

Weird start up problem.

I don't know what that is :( So I'm thinkin that I don't.
  13. B

Weird start up problem.

When I started my van this morning it had a very high idle, like someone flooring the gas pedal. I turned the key off and it was still running, but it was slow and stuttering. I waited a few minutes to see if it would turn itself off, nope! I had to remove the batterry cable. I waited a...
  14. B

Serpentine belt replacement.

How hard is it on an Aerostar? Do I need any special tools?
  15. B

Shaking then backfire!

I haven't got the tire yet but it will probably be Discount Tire Brand. All I can afford at the moment.
  16. B

Shaking then backfire!

Turned out to be my rear tire after all! It was tearing up down to the steel belts. I didn't see it when I pulled over because that part of the tire was on the bottom. Oh well, still an $80 fix. Thanks for the help though :)
  17. B

Shaking then backfire!

The rear cover of the differential?
  18. B

Shaking then backfire!

No check engine light and it only backfired that one time coming off the ramp of the freeway. What would have to be done with differential is this going to be an expensive fix? :/
  19. B

Shaking then backfire!

I was driving home from work when I could feel the Van shaking from the backside. I thought maybe one of my tires was going bad so I pulled over to check it out. Tires are good. So I get going on the freeway doing about 60mph. The shaking gets worse as I slow down to the off ramp I here what...
  20. B

Popping sound in the front end.

If this turns out to be the problem, will I have to re-align as well?
  21. B

Popping sound in the front end.

How do I check that and where am I looking? For the upper ball joint that is?
  22. B

Bad Idle In Reverse?

Yeah warming her up worked, had the Van for almost 7 years and never had to do that. Oh well, guess the old age is starting to creep in...lolz! Thanks again :)
  23. B

Bad Idle In Reverse?

I'm going out to try that, letting it warm up. IAC is only a month old, I still have the old one. If warming up doesn't work maybe try switching them out.
  24. B

Bad Idle In Reverse?

I get into my Van start it up, no problem. Then I shift it into reverse and the whole Van starts shaking and acting like it wants to turn itself off! I put it in drive or park and the Idle goes back to normal! Please keep in mind I haven't left the driveway yet. Any ideas?:dunno:
  25. B

Vacuum diagram.

Thanks! I was planning on changing out all my hoses.
Back