Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Help! In desperate need of a transmission in AZ

No dipstick,so that would be the W correct? the two transmissions side by side are very different, bell on mine is 17" and the bell on the new is 11" , definitely not the right one, I got it taken care of thought, these guys are so cool, on eBay they are transmasters, the are A&M transmission...
  2. D

So my door sticker says my transmission is a 5r55S by the "V" under the TR on the sticker, bought a reman 5r55s and my mechanic calls and says its not the right one, codes on the tags on the bad trans are 2L2P/CA. I google it and it comes back to the "s" tranny, I believe I have the 5r55w, could...
  3. D

i found one, turns out mine is the 5r55s and i found one in Glendale for $1000! thanks for the help though!
  4. D

Im calling the yards now, i need a used one as the rebuilds are too much money, Im willing to put a used one in, if its cheap enough
  5. D

I dont know, the guy is saying 2K to rebuild it, I need mine rebuilt or a used one , or i have to let go of the ex :(, ive got a lot invested in her and want to keep her. I f i can get the trans for a great price , ill install it myself.
  6. D

thanks Josh, 2 wheel dr
  7. D

Hey all, my tranny is toast, need a used 5r55w for the 2002 explorer 4.6 xlt, i have a rare one I guess, i need this asap, thanks!
  8. D

Need some feedback....

I've thought about the Duplicolor too! might give it a shot , cuz, as you said its not permanent Stock stereo gone , replaced with 7500bt head unit (with steering wheel control adapter), pioneer ts-a6984r speakers and 8' pioneer shallow mount sub-and this system KICKS! Loud and cleeeean ...
  9. D

Need some feedback....

The thread is alive! Thanks for the reply mcclain61, I was startin to think I was all alone, lol. Yup, its the V8 4.6L, dual exhaust would be nice, I was gonna drop it just an inch and a half up front (maybe 2") and 3 out back, just to get the wheel wells closer to the tires, but, not covering...
  10. D

Need some feedback....

so much for feedback, thanks anyway.
  11. D

Need some feedback....

Lol, Sitcoms! I was waitin for that! Im thinkin a 3/2 drop , dual exauhst (maybe ), billet grill (black of course) , I have the stuff for the "halo mod" for the headlights and signal mirrors are waiting to go in, just wanted to get some fresh ideas, thanks for the compliments!
  12. D

Need some feedback....

Holy crap, It worked.
  13. D

Need some feedback....

I put them in "my album" on my profile, Ill try to post here.
  14. D

Need some feedback....

I don't post much, Im not even sure this one is in the correct place, but, if any of y'all want to view the pics of my truck and give me some feedback, suggestions, opinions etc I would very much appreciate it
  15. D

Stock 16" rims w/ tires for sale

Tires are Bridgestone Long Trail 255/70/16 on stock 16" rims off a 2002 XLT 4.6L , tires are in great shape , plenty of tread left, , just put new rims on my truck and have no need to keep them. I will upload pics asap.You would have to pick up as I am in Arizona and cant ship these things.
  16. D

OEM cell phone holder

That's it ,yes, pics online suck, just seeing if anyone has one and where its located in the cab , thanks!
  17. D

OEM cell phone holder

Does anyone know where the OEM cell phone holder goes? Part #2L2Z19A384AA- cant for the life of me find a picture anywhere. Thanks all!
  18. D

sport trac double din bluetooth install how to

In case anyone is seeing this , I know it's an older thread, I mounted mine up in the left hand corner of the windshield , Gorilla glued it to the corner and pointed it at my face, works like an ear and "collects" my voice around the mic-kind of how singers use their hand as a "scoop" when...
  19. D

Again with the Autodim stuff

That's what I thought, thanks DjDom (you saved a little bit of my sanity from slippin away) I tapped into the red/yellow and the white/black and nothing-ugh, I didn't hear the relay click at all either, even when I went straight off the battery for power to the relay, probly fudged this up...
  20. D

sorry I should clarify- I know what wires are going to "headlights" and "parking lights" , however, I'm clueless as to what color wire the should be spliced into-I've seen in posts black/white for parking lamps and blue/orange (red/yellow is another) for headlights-is that correct? Auto dim is...
  21. D

Sorry to raise the dead here, but,I have read every post I could find on this and I am still stumped- I have made my relays for the autolamps , I have no idea what wire is for "headlights" or "parking lights"-I just need to know what ones to tap on a 2001 Sport, are they different for each...
  22. D

Auto Dim/Auto Light Mirror

I have searched every post about autolamps/auto dim and could not come up with an answer for the issues I'm having-all wired up correctly (wh/pur to wh/pur under sill, red/yellow to gray/yellow and black to ground in OHC, light green/yellow to cig lighter)-mirror dims as it is supposed to and...
  23. D

Need help finding part: Insert for fog light/bumper

Would my 2001 Sports fit your 2002? You can have mine if they do.
Back