Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

help with my transfercase or shift motor

Anyone have anyideas? Its my only means of transportation. Cant really just take it apart.
  2. M

Also what model are the transfercase on our trucks? I have a 2001, auto. I would go out side but its raining and windy out side. Gotta love this North West weather. :rolleyes:
  3. M

It goes into gear no problem at all when at a stand still. Only jolts the ST when moving moving.
  4. M

I did some searching but i can find the answer to my problem. Having trouble with the 4x4. When driving at 15 mph it does not fully engage and it jolts the truck really bad. Even when going 5mph it does it also. Only works when at a complete standstill. If i remember right I dont have to...
  5. M

anyone else had this happen??

Yes thats the screw that fell out. I see im not alone with this problem. I just added some locktite befor reinstalling it and lets hope thats the last time that happens. thanks guys! :thumbsup:
  6. M

anyone else had this happen??

So my wife took the ST to the store last night and when she got home she called me and said the ST would not go in to park. Went to look at it and it indeed would not go into park. So crawled under and was able to put it into park from under the ST. That when she noticed a hex screw on the...
  7. M

Solved Torsion Bar 101, Everything you Need to look for!

thanks for the explanation i understand now. just to clarify it was not that they were same on each side. I worded it wrong. What i ment was each side was with in 1/2 an inch of each other. Guess i was wrong.
  8. M

4x4 light not working/won't engage into 4wd

Had the same problem with my 2001. Did exactly as ncranchero described and it has worked just fine for the past 10 months.:thumbsup:
  9. M

Well i can tell you that 3 friends of mine have sport tracs none lifted and all are with in 1/2inch, including mine. If you could explane better to me how the bodies are diff on the same make and year of a vehicle, i dont fully understand. And i will do as suggested. Tomorrow when i go to...
  10. M

How to measure the right way Hey all! First off i have to say this is a very informitive board. And im not posting this to start any arguments. I have noticed a lot of questions on how to measure your ride height. And after reading the entire thred no one has said the correct way to...
  11. M

stock ride height??

WOW I measured mine the other day and mine after raising it 1" it now measures 21 3/4. Well atleast i know a baseline height. Have new torsion bars and lift keys on the way. Not sure if im gonna buy lift springs or go with shackles.
  12. M

stock ride height??

I was looking all over the web, cant find the answer so i figured that someone here would know. From the center of the wheel to the fender. How many inches is it in stock ride height? Does anyone know??? Thanks Matt
  13. M

New guy here from the North west

Hey everyone! New to the site but ive had my 01 sport trac for 3 years now! Its been a great ride for weekend fun and the wife and kids! Lots of good info on here and i cant wait to talk with more of you! Matt
  14. M

How to: 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

Hey everyone! I have to say that this is a great thread! I am also having the 2-3 problem. I can see by reading the info from those who have done this fix its easy and strait foward. I want to use the transgo kits that you are useing but i cant seem to find it on there website. Maybe i looked...
Back