Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. mrboyle

mrboyle's new ride

Well its been a great run, but after being an Explorer owner for the last 14 years, it was time to step up to a full size. I have needed for a tow rig since I built my Toyota and an Explorer just isn't quite big enough so I weighed my options and decided an F-150 or Full Size Bronco was what I...
  2. mrboyle

Wanted 2nd Gen Center Console Lid

Don't care what color as long as the plastic is in good condition.
  3. mrboyle

Project for someone

Saw this the other day and thought it would be a cool rig to do a 4wd conversion (and a 5.0L swap). http://westslope.craigslist.org/rvs/1449121810.html 1984 Ford Ranger Rollalong. Ever seen one?? 2.8 L V6, C3 automatic transmission, approx. 124k miles, dual rear wheels, aftermarket cd...
  4. mrboyle

We might be losing Moab!

America's Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 OpenCongress - Track bills, votes, senators, and representatives in the U.S. Congress It's also been introduced in the House of Representatives as H.R. 1925. Text of H.R. 1925 (111th): America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act of 2009 (Introduced version) -...
  5. mrboyle

UK "How To's"

Compilation of how to threads specific to the UK forum. fcat's blower resistor replacement guide. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2131073#post2131073 If there are any more threads you think should be added please let me know.
  6. mrboyle

mrboyle's new wheeling rig

Picked up a 1980 Toyota PU to replace the old '92 XLT. The good: 4" Rancho lift Crossover steering 5.29's (lockright front, welded rear) 5 spd. Dual cases w/4.7 35's The bad: 20r w/ Webber carb lots of oil leaks Here's some quick poser shots. It has a little rust...
  7. mrboyle

multiple use petition

Ken Emory Land Use Chairman Subject: wilderness petition Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2008 please take a moment to sign the petition to preserve our Multiple Use Public Lands & stop further inappropriate Wilderness Designation http://access-advocates.org/take_action.htm
  8. mrboyle

Pirate4x4 has a challenge for us - raise money to help keep Colorado trails open

This is a crosspost from Colorado4x4.org lets see if we can help them out. Originally posted by YJgirl on Colorado4x4.com- So Camo and I were bantering back and forth the other day regarding all the donations Pirate4x4.com generated for Blue Ribbon Coalition. I was impressed; not only were...
  9. mrboyle

Colorado 4x4 Rally, June 29- July 2, 2007

I know we are planning a run later this summer, but I thought some of the other Colorado peeps might be interested in this. For more info and registration info click here: http://co4x4rally.com/
  10. mrboyle

Have any V8 owners had to replace their timing chain tensioners yet?

Just curious if anyone has had to have this done yet? A friend asked me to look at an '02 for her with 57K on it and uppon start up, when free reving the engine and under acceleration there is a distinct sound of timing chain rattle. I did a search and there have been several people ask about...
  11. mrboyle

Salida, CO Labor Day 2006

Had a great time this weekend. Met up with Brian1 and 410Fortune(Jamie) on Saturday. Started the day running Tin Cup Pass then ran Waunita & Black Sage Pass over to Old Monarch Pass to complete the circle. Sunday Jamie had to head back to Denver so Brian and I ran Mt. Antero and Mt. Princeton...
  12. mrboyle

Pics from EJS 2005

I went down on Satuday and ended up running Hell's Revenge. The weather in the area was bad all week and ended up with a snow storm on Friday. Saturday's weather was almost perfect (a little cold). All the rain turned the normally sandy areas into small lakes and made for some interesting...
  13. mrboyle

Moab 2005 June 3-5

Its about that time of the year to start plannig our annual trip to Moab. I figured I'd get the fire lit and see where it takes us.
  14. mrboyle

Sub advice

I need to replace the sub in my X and need a little advice from thoes in the know. I'm running a Kicker Impulse IX402 amp (see specs below) bridged mono into a Q-Logic stealth box. What would be the best (I'm not looking for a competition high db system, just want clear relatively deep base) 10"...
  15. mrboyle

My 700R4 went in today

I'd love to tell everyone how it drives, but it still isn't finished. The kit is awesome and everything goes together well. I do have one complaint though. The adapter that goes between the engine and the tranny needs to be notched to ease the installation the head pipe. Also, if you are...
  16. mrboyle

Photos Return From Moab

Return From Moab (Warning: LONG) What a weekend! I met up with Gerald just west of Gand Junction Thursday afternoon and departed on one of the best weekends of wheeling I have ever had. After setting up camp I met up with Gerald, Diff Wack Daddy, offroadKC and his guest in a Jeep TJ and headed...
  17. mrboyle

Sweet '01 Sport

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I thought it was too nice to pass up. http://www.truckworld.com/Street-Scene/dores_customs/03-rick_dore_explorer/03-rick_dore_explorer.html
  18. mrboyle

Return from C(not quite)CR'03

Return from C(not quite)CR'03 (Picks added) Well, what can I say. We had fun, disapointment and a little carnage. Everyone arrived safley (David/AspenX didn't get there untill 4:00 A.M.). In attendance were Brian1, Marty196, Hvac man, AspenX and myself. Much to are disapointment we awoke...
  19. mrboyle

Ouray Area Run 7-5/7-6

Ouray Aera Run 7-5/7-6 I met up with Gerald Gerrett on the first leg of his world wind wheeling tour. He arrived at my parents place in Colona, CO late Friday 7-4. After a shower and a good night's sleep we got up and headed out at 8:00 a.m. A quick stop for fuel and ice and we were off to the...
  20. mrboyle

Trashed Skid Plate

While running Battlement Mesa Saturday I decided (or mabey it decided) to roll a bolder down the underside of my X. Needless to say, the transfer case skid plate can't support the weight of the vehicle.
  21. mrboyle

Western Slope Meet & Greet

One of the local Jeep clubs is having a "4WD Vehicle Show" on Saturday July 12 from 10am-2pm at the Veterans Memorial Park (fair grounds) (Hwy 50, Oarchard Mesa). Anyone interested (I don't want to be the only Explorer there)
  22. mrboyle

Halloween in Moab?

Since it looks like the Truckhaven event will be in January of '03, what are the chances that anyone would like to do Moab over Halloween weekend? The 31's is actually on a Thursday, but would anyone be interested in going on Nov. 1-3?
  23. mrboyle

How to: A4LD Front Seal Info

I found this the other day and felt it was something everyone that has dealt with the front seal leak should see. "A few words about the Ford A4LD transmission: This common transmission has problems with pump bushing to converter hub damage that results in front seal "blow-out", short unti...
  24. mrboyle

Coilover/Stright Axle Ranger

Check out this Ranger I found running around town. http://groups.msn.com/92Eplorer4x4/ranger.msnw?Page=Last Its running a Dana 44 front, 9" rear w/ 4 wheel coilovers. Its sitting on 36" Swampers. Notice how tall it is compared to my X :eek:
  25. mrboyle

Guess what I saw today?

My current job happens to be next door to a Dodge dealership and this morning there were a couple of auto transport rigs (not car carriers, the enclosed type like race cars are hauled around in) parked on the side street. Curious as to what they were dooing I walked over and saw them loading one...
Back