I Drive By Brail
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Montrose, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Bronco '80 Toy
My current job happens to be next door to a Dodge dealership and this morning there were a couple of auto transport rigs (not car carriers, the enclosed type like race cars are hauled around in) parked on the side street. Curious as to what they were dooing I walked over and saw them loading one of the new 2003 Dodge 3/4 ton 4x4's with the all new 5.7 Hemi in it! There was also a 1/2 ton sitting there waiting to be loaded so I walked over and popped the hood to check out the new engine. It looks smaller than the current 5.9, but from what the guys that had been driving them said they RUN! The new 3/4 ton 4x4 has the damn IFS under it, which is a major bummer, but from what I understand the 1 ton will still have a stright axle.

I am pretty sure the 1 ton will have the solid axle. I got in the 1 ton 4x4 dually at the New York International Auto Show and that thing is cool.

now if you could just get that hemi in a 1/2 ton... i have heard rumors (just that, rumors) that there currently is a top secret pony car with a slightly modified version of the truck hemi. it will compete with stang GT and now defunct Z28/Firebird. guess time will tell if they ever actually make it...

Back