Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

96 Ex Power Window Bushing Fix with Pics!

Buster- with the ford explorer window motors the system is driven by the electric motor, which turns the center white gear. in the center of that gear the opening is triangular with 3 bushings. these bushings are what actually transfer the power of the big center white gear to a smaller...
  2. 9

How/Turn off interior light - hatch open

there's a possibility that you didn't push the latches in far enough. they will latch in two different positions, one at half engaged and the other when the latches are fully engaged. i apologize that the video isn't up anymore since i haven't really been active online but if you push the...
  3. 9

I want to plan a central florida run!!!!!!!!!

any responses? im in palm harbor in pinellas and i would be interested in a run to any kind of trails. my x has barely seen any off road time. let me know whats up and maybe i can help you set something up
  4. 9

Third brake light not working

can somebody please get a picture of this connector. i cant find any other one than the one to the license plate lights
  5. 9

power windows motor replacement

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220694&highlight=window+regulator this shows the basics of how to get to and then remove the motors
  6. 9

well considering i only had the problem with the motor its definitely worth the $15 to do both sides. both motors work like new now. i wouldn't mess with the regulator because i know of the dangers but i would imagine that most window related problems are from the motor considering that the...
  7. 9

1999 4.0L SOHC Firing Order Diagram

i am not seeing a location under your name but if you live in the US i would suggest calling advance auto and get them to open a haynes manual and getting that information for you. thats what they do whenever i call in but it may be different where you are at
  8. 9

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. i thought that my window motor was shot on the passenger side because it wouldnt make any sound at all when i hit the button. i could never find the last bolt till i read this. my gear plugs are shaped like beans. you just saved me tons of money and tons of time. i...
  9. 9

How do i check third brake light?

yeah, the same grey plug as in the picture. the only difference is that mine doesnt have the wires for that but i could just change the wires out with the towing wiring harness
  10. 9

yeah i looked. that connector is a dumbed down version of a trailer harness. that connector there is the only one on that side in the rear. does anyone know how much power the ballast is putting out? i want to test power but if its really high i want to know so i can prepare for it because i...
  11. 9

if its supposed to be coming out of the wiring harness for the drivers side brake lights that is the only connector. i went under the truck and there are no other access panels on that side. the only lights that arent in the tail light are the license plate light. i dont see any connector for a...
  12. 9

A/C vent fix (my first tip)

pretty clever. i dont have rear vents but i would imagine that would work just as well with the front ones. my problem is the rollers for the vents up front wont stay open. they just keep rolling shut. doesnt matter much now that the ac went out but at least i can try and make the interior look...
  13. 9

How/Turn off interior light - hatch open

i just converted my main interior lights to leds anyways. draws less power and they are brighter. got both my front dome light and my rear cargo light to blue leds
  14. 9

96 explorer sport with control trac 4wd. 4.0. there is a trans cooler in the front that is at about the height of the front bumper. only has a single ball on the rear bumper nothing special.
  15. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

no problem, happy you got it out. if anyone asks about the knuckle just say the truck bit you
  16. 9

95 ranger chk engine light

i dont know if yours is in the exact same position as mine but this is the location of the port as well as the shape of the connector so you know what obd-II looks like. this is on my 96 x. if this is the type you have almost all the readers at your local store should work.
  17. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

that would probably work. i would definitely suggest taking a breather before going back to trying it. always seems to help.
  18. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

i would gently go around and almost crimp that piece in towards the head of the plug. that will clear it from the sides it is touching and hopefully get it out.
  19. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

with how mangled the piece looks and how cheap it probably is i would just clamp some vise grips on there as tight as you can and yank the heck out of it. maybe even put a rope from the handle and tie it to a door knob n slam it:p:
  20. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

can you upload full size? i cant see because of how small the image is
  21. 9

V8 Ex Plug Removal

get a picture of what your talking about and i might be able to help. i dont have a v8 but i am familiar with the models and a second set of eyes might be able to help :thumbsup:
  22. 9

lets see if it will embed this time. the connector on the bottom that i am not touching is the one that i tried disconnecting
  23. 9

im going to try and get a picture of what i tried and ill put it up here
  24. 9

didnt work. i think i had the correct connector. is it the one that you can visibly see from inside where the tail light goes. i follower the wire and it connects to the license plate lights. btw even if it doesnt work, i at least got the joy of waking up the neighbors to pull into the garage...
  25. 9

so what does this connector control? are you saying to clean it then re-connect and test or unplug it then test?
Back