Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

WTB TTB D35 spider gears, Lakeland, Fl

Yep, looked at the pictures.
  2. R

Yost, I read your trailer build. WoW that thing looks heavy! Does it have brakes?
  3. R

Yost, spread the word on the axle.;)
  4. R

I received the gears and installed them today. Thanks again.
  5. R

Yosty has sent the gears and Im expecting them at the house soon. Thanks for the offer and does anyone need an 8.8 with 4:56 gears and Detroit ELocker?
  6. R

Yosty, your closest to me and Id like the shaft and wshers if you have them. Albino thanks for the reply.
  7. R

THanks guys--let me know.
  8. R

To cam or not to cam? 4.0 OHV

Id did a 410 years ago and had trouble-http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160994. I still have the P&P heads if you want them:D
  9. R

Hey guys, my Detroit EZ blew apart (after 10 years and 37" Boggers) and I need a set of end/spider gears to replace the locker. Anyone that has install a Quick locker should have these around. Help a Brother out;)
  10. R

Comp.410 Cam went wrong!

Creager, thanks for the reply. First, I had the heads P&P, new springs (double) installed at a reputable speed shop. Second, I installed the cam with the correct length rods (5.525" due to none adjustable rockers) and ensured that I had the correct valve lash. However, when I pulled the motor...
  11. R

Comp.410 Cam went wrong!

I installed a 410 cam 3 yrs and 50K miles ago. The motor had severe failure last week. I found that all the exhaust rocker pads had worn through!!! I did everything correctly on the install-I talked to Doug, Comp Cams techs, etc to find out the correct valve lash. I had the high performance...
  12. R

I need a new/rebuilt ECM--where to look?

Hey guys, I have lost the 3-4 shift signal and I traced it back to the ECM. At P52 and P57 I only have .18VDC and I have a burnt capacitor on the ECM board. The bad cap may not be the cause of the loss of the 3-4 shift but it tells me there is issues. Where should I look for a rebuild? I...
  13. R

My '93 A4LD wont shift into OD (Im sorry!)

Glacier, I accuired another meter and found that the module out put is only .18VDC. However, I do see it transition from 0 to .18 cosistently while driving showing me that it is trying to activate the solenoid. I then pulled the module and found a blown capacitor. Hmmm? So the question is...
  14. R

More info and progress. I rung out the wires to P52,P53 to P57. The wires are good and I was able to test the OD signal with a $.10 multimeter but the meter qwit before I could check the 3-4 solenois signal. If I find that the module isnt sending the signal, what other items should I check...
  15. R

Glacier, any input on my last questions? The work is done and I still dont have OD. I "Rung Out" the wires fron the solenoid up to the connector on the drivers side fender. Im looking for prints to continue tracking the wires. Any ideas on what to check next?
  16. R

Glacier, when I recieved my 4-3 solenoid it wasnt the same as the one that was in it. The original had the longer snout with the block with the "Tit" on one end. However, the replacement solenoid is short with the bushing/screen extention. My question is: the instructions show a spool and...
  17. R

Good news! I finally had a little time Saturday and hooked up my scanner. The only code I recieved was a 566 "3-4 shift solenoid circuit failure". Glacier, I'd like to install a shift improver kit when I replace the solenoid. Does the kit supply the VB gasket? I dont want to get into a Full...
  18. R

A4LD No 4th gear

Nuggethead, What's the final word on your problem?
  19. R

A4ld Overdrive Gone?

Nugget head, what's the word on your trans? Have you had it looked at yet as mine has no OD either.
  20. R

Ill pull the pan and check it. It may take a couple days to get to it but Ill post again when I get it done. Thanks for your patience
  21. R

Thanks guys for the input. Here is a little more info on what Ive found so far. I know that the Tc is locking up and 3rd is engaging (both around 2K RPM 35-40MPH). The gear and TC hold until I really get on it forcing it to down shift. So, Im thinking my only problem is in the OD. Also, I...
  22. R

Im sorry because its a repeat question but I need a few answers that I didnt find in my searches. First, the lack of OD shift was intermittent but is now constant. The other shifts and functions are normal and Ive been driving this way for a month now w/o issue. First, Ive checked the vacuum...
  23. R

Aux battery install

Adam, the 91-94 X's had there battery on the front passenger corner where the new X's have the Air cleaner. I finished the install today and ran on the highway to fully charge the new battery. Everything looks good!:eek:
  24. R

Flex Fan on a 4.0L??

I ran the Black Magic for about a year and it never cooled as well as the clutch fan and I had the blade shatter two different times while Wheel-n the Boonies. I finally wised up and went back to OEM.:redexp:
Back