Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

New guy 07 ST limited minor mods pics

I like all the mods...it looks great! What did you use to black out the roof rack and running board chrome? Plasti-dip? Was it hard to get the chrome piece off - how did you do it? Thanks.
  2. B

Offical: Post your ST pics

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I will definitely look into the Adrenalin headlights. I am super intrigued about getting rid of the plastic valence. I hadn't thought of doing that and I agree it would look good...maybe even look like the truck is lifted a little! Thanks for the help...
  3. B

Offical: Post your ST pics

I recently put on new wheels and tires. I am thinking about painting the chrome portion of the running board and roof rack to be a glossy black. What does everyone think about painting them black? I can't figure out how to put a picture in this post. Any help with this would be...
  4. B

Question about the ironman grill

The ironman grille is smooth but is kind of a satin black finish (somewhere between glossy and flat). I bought a non-oem ironman grille through a local body shop and had it painted to match my clear coat black paint. I had to buy the ironman hood lip piece from ford and it cost about the same...
  5. B

Best way to haul a kayak?

18X9, can't remember the exact offset. I will ask the next time I am at the shop I bought the wheels from.
  6. B

Thanks for the compliment mooshin. The wheels are made by Fuel and they are the Gauge model. They are 18". I am not sure that they regularly manufacture the 18" in the right lug pattern and offset for our trucks. I do think they make the 20" wheel that has the right lug pattern/offset. I...
  7. B

Thanks pj07Limited. Good luck with the kayaks. I think they are a great way to get out and enjoy nature. Have fun.
  8. B

I have several kayaks and carry them on my 2010 Sport Trac all the time with only foam pads on the factory cross bars (set as far apart as they can go). My kayaks are 13 and 14 feet long and I use cam buckle straps to tighten them down on each bar. I have never used front and rear tie-downs...
  9. B

2010 Sport Trac Limited w/Mods!

I have a set of 4 for sale. Perfect shape, only 2,500 miles on tires. Here is the link: http://gainesville.craigslist.org/pts/2126250758.html
  10. B

Black grille for 2010 Sport Trac limited

I was told by my dealer and by others on this site that the adrenalin grill would not fit unless I replaced the entire front end clip. Too bad since I really like the way it looks. I didn't realize that my link in the previous post was not working. Here is another link where you can see the...
  11. B

Wheel help!!!

Thanks for the comment! There are so many choices on tires and I wanted a semi-aggresive looking tire that didn't significantly increase noise. I had Dueler AT Revos on my last Sport Trac and they did me well. I don't do much offroading, just towing out of sand boat ramps and beach driving...
  12. B

New Black Grille and Wheels on my 2010 Limited I wanted to thank everyone for their input on my previous threads about these two modifications. After much searching I bought an ironman grille and had it painted black at a local body shop ($500 total). I had a hard time finding wheels that I...
  13. B

Wheel help!!!

New Black Grille and Wheels on my 2010 Limited I wanted to thank everyone for their input on my previous threads about these two modifications. After much searching and money I bought an ironman grille and had it painted black at a local body shop ($500 total). I had a hard time finding...
  14. B

November - December 2010 "Submission Thread" Theme: Enjoying the Outdoors

Enjoying the Winter Outdoors in Florida!
  15. B

Wheel help!!!

I want to get a little more aggressive look to the truck. Ideally I would like to stick with 18's (with 265/65/18 BF Goodrich or the Goodyear Wrangler Slient Armours) but am not having very much luck finding an 18 with the right lug pattern and offset. I found a website that sells OEM rims (not...
  16. B

I went to my local body shop to inquire about how much it would cost to paint my chrome one. They pretty much talked me out of it saying that with their experience the paint will not stick. He said he would do it, he just wouldn't warrrantee it at all. I asked how long he thought the paint...
  17. B

Wheel help!!!

I just bought a new 2010 Black Sport Trac limited 4WD. It comes with the factory 18" chrome wheels that I am not particularly a big fan of. I have been trying to find some wheels (machined and black such as XD addict or XD hoss) that will fit. I don't want an all black or chrome wheel. I am...
  18. B

Thanks. I am going to look into the ironman grille. Just to be sure I understand. If I order the OEM grill it will come with a glossy black finish. I don't have to have it painted black, correct. I know it won't exactly match my black clearcoat but I could install it just as it comes from Ford?
  19. B

Thanks Thanks for all the good suggestions. Does anyone know if the ironman grille is a flat black or glossy? It is hard for me to tell from the pictures. Also, I really appreciate the responses. This is my first post and it has been very helpful.
  20. B

Hello. I have just upgraded from a 2005 Sport Trac to a new 2010 Sport Trac Limited. It is black and I am not a big fan of the chrome grille. Does anyone know of any good options (Adrenalin grille, painting mine, aftermarket grilles) to get rid of the chrome look and go to something black...
Back