Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Unable to download sync update

Yes, waited for almost an hour multiple times. I tried erasing the flash drive multiple times. I guess I am stubborn and wanted to be able to do this myself rather take take it to a dealer. I am not having any problems with V2.7 - just wanted to make sure I was getting the most out of MFT and...
  2. D

Unable to download sync update

Rebecca, I have a 2011 Explorer and I have been trying to install a sync update to MFT as suggested on my Ford website. Are you saying I cannot perform an update? I believe I am trying to upgrade to Gen 2 Ver. 2.11 from Gen2 V2.7. I talked to a Ford rep on the phone today and told her I was...
  3. D

Problems with Gas Fill

rkling. Yes it has been fixed. They replaced the filler tank pipe with a note that said "internal problem"(not sure what that meant). Seems to be working fine now
  4. D

Problems with Gas Fill

Not an "itsy Bitsy" spider. Had to take it in again because it continued to shut off after they "cleared the spider web". Turns out I need a new filler assembly. None in stock - so that makes three trips to the service station. They did say they would reimburse me for the last visit and it is...
  5. D

Problems with Gas Fill

No "Itsy Bitsy" spider. As it turns out there was no "itsy bitsy" spider climbing up my gas vent spout!! Had to take the car in again because it continued to do it. Now they say I need a new filler neck assembly - which they don't have in stock. So, it needs to go back in again next week...
  6. D

Problems with Gas Fill

They didn't say I could access the area to clean it out. It evidently is up behind the fill opening behind the panel. At least that is where they recommend spraying the Raid.
  7. D

Problems with Gas Fill

It was a spider web!! Their only recommendation was to occasionally spray Raid around the fill pipe opening. Who knew Raid was a "must have" for auto mechanics???
  8. D

Problems with Gas Fill

OK, Just back from the dealer. Vehicle is still there but they think it is a "funnel web spider". According to the service guy they can build really tight webs in the vent which restricts the vapor from escaping. Needless to say not a warranty issue. I have never heard of anything like this and...
  9. D

Problems with Gas Fill

Guys, Thanks for the replies. I am taking it in next week but I wanted to see if it might be a "design" thing and if others were having the same problem. I have tried all of the suggestions and nothing works. I do believe it is a venting thing. Will let y'all know after i get it back. I...
  10. D

Problems with Gas Fill

I took delivery of my 2011 Explorer (LTD) in late February. I love it !!! However, I have been experiencing some difficulty in being able to keep a constant flow of gas into the tank at gas stations. The pump automatically shuts off after a few seconds of pumping. This occurs despite me backing...
  11. D

Web Site To View Window Stickers????

Just a caution on "delivery" dates. I don't believe Ford has any control over them. They are at the mercy of the rail and carrier system. My "delivery" date was initially 2/14 -still don't have it. It sat in Ohio for several days then the last I heard it was in Cypress Point, NY( I think that is...
  12. D

I will add the same caution I have posted here and another website about VINs. They are NOT necessarily sequential. My VIN ended in 23939 and I know there were vehicles with VINs in the 2400-2500s that were built before mine so don't get too hung up on the last 5 digits. They do give you a...
  13. D

Folks, The "build date" you are probably getting is a "week of" build date. i.e it may not hit the line until the 26th. If that is the case your sticker probably won't show up until the 20th(?). I am speaking from experience. I was given a "build date" of 2/7 but it didn't hit the line until...
  14. D

How long does it take once ordered?

I am only going by the fact that folks with higher VINs than mine were built almost two weeks earlier than mine. Needless to say I am only going by what people have said on this and other sites. The PSN may be a "window" but it doesn't appear to me that it is "categorically sequencial"
  15. D

PAS, Got through and after several "select 1-2-3 options" was able to get through to a very helpful service rep. and find that my vehicle is indeed built and as of yesterday on Ramp 6. Now just hope for good weather between the Windy City and the Cape. Again thanks for the info !
  16. D

PAS, Thanks I'll give that a try !!!
  17. D

And God said, let Edge have his Explorer...

Edge, Congratulations. God is great but the salesman definitely lacks in customer service. By the way now that God gave you yours can you see if he can work on mine !!! ;^}
  18. D

I have learned that the last five digits of the VIN do not necessarily indicate order of build. On another site there were folks with VIN's similar to yours that were built two weeks ago. So, I have stopped trying to gauge my build/ship date on other's VINs. I expect mine has been built but I...
  19. D

Seni, I just sent an email to the CustSvc link on your post with info on my order(ordered 12/17 VIN 1FMHK8D89BGA23939). Can't seem to get any info on my order from anyone ???
  20. D

Build Date

If you have your VIN you can go to this link: http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin= Add your VIN after the = I have not been able to see mine but, as I understand it, the sticker becomes available approx. a week from your build date. Good luck !!!
  21. D

Build Date

I ordered on 12/18 and about 2 weeks later my dealer gave me a VIN. I still can't get the sticker to show on the Ford site but if everything goes as planned I should be able to see the sticker within a few days (2???).
  22. D

Build Date

Latest from Cory on mine(23929) is 2/7 to leave factory and about a week for delivery (cape Co). With disclaimer that things could change and I understand that.
  23. D

New member of the Explorer family

I ordered on 12/18. Have been given a build date of sometime next week - although it looks like that may be a little optimistic. I do have a VIN. Actually got it the first part of this month. My order is an XLT in White Suede with the 202A option. Moonroof and towing package. This is the frist...
  24. D

Build Date

According to my dealer he said it will only be a day. Not sure I am happy with that. I want it quickly but with all of the "techie" stuff in the vehicle I want them to do a good job checking it out before I take delivery. Maybe all that stuff is done prior to shipping?
  25. D

Build Date

I am a "little" further away. It has to be sent to the end of Cape Cod !! My guess at least three weeks from build date.
Back