Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Cargo Cover/Shade Fitment? Do Other Generations Fit?

Do you still have it? I've attached what the right end of mine looks like.
  2. J

annoying cruise control switch lightbulb!

Good job. Enjoy.
  3. J

Koda, Just be careful. If I were to do it over again, I would disconnect the switch (2 screws), unplug it and take it to the work bench. You can then see all around the switch and pick your spot to start prying with a small screw driver or your finger nails. It snaps in, but just takes a...
  4. J

JT964's method worked for me. It took less than 30 minutes and the hardest thing for me was getting the insulation off the tiny wires on the new bulb. Thanks all.
  5. J

Cruise control steering wheel switch replacement

EDIT: Just found my answer - http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187608&highlight=%22cruise+control+button+light%22 My cruise control works fine, but the back lit lights on the On/Off buttons don't. Do I have to replace the switches or can I just replace the lights? John...
  6. J

Flunked Smog - P0102 code

Just passed smog! The CO(%) reading went from 8.86/12.42 (idle/2500 RPM) to 0.01/0.01. What a difference a new MAF sensor makes. As a result of this experience here are my suggestions: • If you clean your MAF, remove it (2 T-20 torx screws) rather than removing the air filter and spraying...
  7. J

I checked for vacuum leaks and found none, but I'm getting conflicting results on the sensor tests. It passes the one found here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxRsNtY8DM, but flunks the one found here http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/....php?p=2349680 which is much more detailed. At idle...
  8. J

There does seem to be some variance in what is supposed to be the proper voltages. The simplest explanation I found was here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goxRsNtY8DM), although it was not specific to my vehicle. I don't recall getting the same numbers as described here...
  9. J

I failed to mention that I also unplugged the PCU and sprayed it with electronics cleaner. I measured the voltage on the MAFS connector, getting the appropriate battery voltage on power, ground and sensor ground with the key on. I started the vehicle and got 0.4 volts from the sensor signal at...
  10. J

I flunked my CA smog test with really high CO numbers. When I left the Inspection Only shop, the CEL came on – P0102. I have no idea if the 2 are related, but I've got to think they are. I've searched the threads, cleaned my MAF twice with electronics cleaner and cleared the codes several...
  11. J

Starting Problems

If you want to fix it yourself, read and understand this thread and others, find out what codes are causing the CEL to light and start you own diagnosis OR take it to a mechanic who can diagnose problems rather than a parts replacement shop, AKA Ford dealership.
  12. J

Starting Problems

Where was your Carter pump made? If its not China, that's what I want.
  13. J

Starting Problems

That Spectra pump is made in China, if that bothers you. It does me and I'm reluctant to go through the hassle of replacing mine with a Chinese one, especially when my gut tells me my problem is not the fuel pump. But that’s another thread. JT
  14. J

2001 Explorer Sport having trouble starting

Per Liberty86's suggestion, i disconnected the battery for several minutes. I'm not convinced everything is resolved, but it started immediately after sitting several days and several times yesterday running around town doing errands. For now I'm closing this chapter. Thanks everybody.
  15. J

More info on my problem. Cleaned MAF, IACV and changed fuel filter. Won't start unless I leave the ignition ON for +10 seconds. Then it starts immediately. Fuel pressure is 65+ with engine running and 0 within a minute after engine stops and after ignition on for 10+ seconds. That makes me...
  16. J

I’ve got a similar problem, but fortunately my other car didn’t get rear-ended. When mine won’t start immediately, I turn it OFF then back ON and wait 10+ seconds and it starts immediately and runs fine. If you don’t have to wait to prime the line, it sounds like an electrical problem...
  17. J

How to: Ford Explorer Ranger Fuel pressure test procedure

Dumb question - What is the difference between a tire pressure gauge and a fuel pressure gauge? A Schrader valve is the same as a tire valve and several pictures show a single hose going to the gauge.
  18. J

Cant get the fuel filter off!! Help!?

I used the metal KD Tools 3321 Ford Fuel Line Quick Disconnect from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002SRD32/ref=oh_o06_s01_i00_details) and a Flare Nut wrench for additional leverage. The exit end came out rather easily; however, the input side took some PT Blaster and encouraging...
  19. J

Thanks swshawaii, but mine is a 2000 SOHC. Do they have the same issue? Is that picture appropriate for the 2000's?
  20. J

No. I've had a P0174 (lean on 1 bank), but cleared it and it didn't return. Since my query, I've sprayed starter fluid into the intake and although it didn't start, it at least fired. I have been planning to change the fuel filter so I did that and it finally started. The gas from the...
  21. J

Mine is doing the same thing. What was the final outcome? John
  22. J

2000 EB "Snapping Door Hinge"

Thanks Joe. The LMC link is worth query. And yes, i would talk to them because the picture shows the passenger door.
  23. J

2000 EB "Snapping Door Hinge"

Let's kick this around again because I can't imagine someone has not come up with a solution. If I turn the bushing on mine, it lasts for one opening and is clicking again. I guess I could ignore it and let the noise join my tinnitus music, but i prefer not to. I found 3 other threads with...
  24. J

How to: Install Your Own Shocks

Finally got the Sensatrac's in. Monroe said to lower the suspension as much as possible. I raised the body via a jack on the aftermarket trailer hitch and used another jack to press the shocks in. Difficult, but worth it. On my front Bilsteins, the shock top has an allen slot rather than a...
Back