Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Replaced transmission, having same issues

I had the same problem with the OD/Off light flashing...ended up being a solenoid pack. Just in case...
  2. T

Thank you!

Thank you!
  3. T

power windows not working

look in the wiring harness in the drivers' door for broken wires. The drivers' door switch is the master switch and usually if some windows work and some dont there may be broken wires in the drivers' door harness. Had a similar problem in mine with a passenger window not working ended up being...
  4. T

Just bought an 02 Explorer Xls

Welcome! Gen 3 Explorers are awesome you'll love it!
  5. T

April 2014 TOTM Nominations - 3nd Generation Rigs

Gen 3 is the sexiest of the Explorers...here's mine
  6. T

Who is disappointed with their EX?

I'm on my 3rd Explorer. I love 'em. Easy to work on and fun to use for the $$$. I've had vehicles of all types and I love my Fords. Better than Government Motors!! tee hee
  7. T

Hello, 85 Bronco II W/4.0 Swap and more...

From one Chris to another...welcome to the forum. Good times and fun to be had. Nice lookin truck!
  8. T

Explorer wont start!

Awesome man good job. I had starter bolts break off in a Bronco I had some time ago and it was a nightmare. Glad to see you're on the road again
  9. T

Parking Brake Light Acting Funny

I think the pic is upside down but u get the point.
  10. T

See the plug? This is right above the parking brake. Check to make sure its plugged in and if so not shorted. Clean contacts etc. If thats not it then we will have to dig deeper.
  11. T

Yeah. Lemme go grab my phone and see if I can get a picture for you to follow. Gimme a few....
  12. T

Explorer wont start!

Did ya beat the snot out of it??? Starters and me don't get a long and they always get a beating hahahaha. Glad ya got it fixed
  13. T

Announce your New "Elite" Status here...

Me too me too! Second time now haha...never leaving here EVER again....
  14. T

Recently acquired 2002 XLS 4.0. Trans fluid is Brown, should I change?

I'm kind of in the same boat. My '03 shifts pretty decently and I don't have the problem (yet) that most of those trans seems to have but noticed reverse and 1st are slow to engage when cold. I ordered one of those trans adapters off of Amazon yesterday to fill the trans through the drain plug...
  15. T

Probably the electrical contacts at the parking brake. There is a wire harness there that should have a switch to activate the dash light when the parking brake is engaged. If the PB works fine but you're worried about the light....check the wiring and connections at the pedal itself. Make sure...
  16. T

Help! Truck wont start after replacing battery

So your Explorer was running a week ago when you parked it? You are right; it is in limp mode. I don't suppose you have access to a scanner...it may be throwing a code. If the battery was disconnected for a long time it may have cleared the computer and the truck is "dumb" until it resets. Hook...
  17. T

Hello! Walk softly and carry a big Mossberg....

Hello! Walk softly and carry a big Mossberg....
  18. T

new guy here

On meh way!
  19. T

No Crank No Start! In Dire need of HELP PLEASE

I'll try. 1. Check that your battery cables are tight at the battery. 2. Check that your battery cables are tight at the starter. 3. Give the starter a tap tap tap with the hammer. If you're seeing that all the electric items are working but as soon as you turn the key everything goes...
  20. T

Something went wrong!

White smoke? That usually indicates antifreeze/coolant in the combustion chamber, yeah? Could have blown a head gasket...
  21. T

Suspension Problem (Possibly BallJoint)

Any time I'd had a vehicle "bounce" on braking or accelerating it was broken shocks/struts. The shocks could be shot or one of the mounts could be broken. That's the only experience I'd had with bouncing.
  22. T

Ignition Keys

The keys to these are transponder keys. It communicates with the truck, thus to "transpond". To have them replaced and/or replacing the key fob is just best to go to the dealer and take the hit. I bought one of those keys off eBay and it was garbage.
  23. T

What's on your Explorer to-do list?

Figure out why the heck my passenger window will roll down but not up. Motor is fine. Pass. window switch is fine. Moving to drivers' side tomorrow. Hope its not the master switch. Figure out how to check the trans fluid on this thing. The two plugs I seen look like the transfer case. I'll...
  24. T

It's Been Real, It's Been Fun, But I Gotta Roll

I had 2 Durangos. They were both garbage. I came back to another Explorer after a year or so. It is what it is with used vehicles like someone said earlier.
  25. T

plz help

Gotta throw this out too: Tires on the rears good. Did you take new tires on the front and not new ones on the back? That will cause the ass end to slide around too....
Back