Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Oil filter adapter w/coolant.. Normal or WTF is that?!

I've never seen the coolant and oil in the same locations except where required and this oil filter & coolant passage is strange to me.. I was preppin more of the v8 swap and found this, is this a factory part, or aftermarket, and its purpose.. 1998 Ford Explorer 5.0 v8 & has california...
  2. T

All Ford Nationals a thing??

This is a sore subject for us because EVERY year something comes up and prevents us from making the trip, but this year when I looked at the AFN page, the registration is completely different.. More surprising was the fact that I couldn't find an AFN thread with that weekend being only 2ish...
  3. T

Yet another V8 Swap..

So, I'm pulling the trigger on this project, I've checked with local emissions (swap approved). Already own the project '02 Sport Trac Already own the donor '98 5.0 Explorer '02 Sport Trac has the returnless fuel. '98 Has return fuel system. I'd like to retain the PATS from the '98 because it...
  4. T

1994 Ford Explorer CLEAN!! Copart

Found this on Copart, NOT MY VEHICLE, I have no interest in this ad other than to see this first gen go to someone who WANTS and WILL use it.. I've seen too many to list vehicles in the pick-a-part & u-pull yards that are cleaner than our daily driver!! 31087118 Copart.com...
  5. T

Dana 44 front axle wheel bearings..

I am in the process of tearing down my 44 to replace the wheel bearings, and i'm having difficulty matching up numbers.. When I pulled it apart I found Timkin JLM104910 for the inner race & NTN (National??) 104949 for the bearing ring.. For the outer i have Timkin LM501310 for the race, and...
  6. T

'01 Explorer ST, Coil Sprung 4-link d44 front, d44 SOA Rear

Starting my build.. Officially Im about a month from pulling it into the garage.. The parts and modifications will be accompanied with photos as the build progresses.. As the title suggests I am using '87 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Dana 44s, as the donor axle for the project.. The Sport Trac is a 2001...
  7. T

Blown motor, timing chain rebuild '01 Job1

So I finally have a garage, and I've made time to start breaking down the 4.0 that had a crank, no start.. So far I'm down to the fuel rails and exposed the intake valves.. none move while engine is cranked and I have fluid on the tops of 5 valves.. I've taken pictures of every connection...
  8. T

Tool sizes

I'm writing to get a list of tools used on the Sport Trac.. I know the basics 8mm 10mm 13mm 15mm 17mm 18mm And so on.. I'd love to make a comprehensive list of the tools we should all have in our garage..
  9. T

Transmission, transfer case, & axle id..

Ok, I've searched for about an hour now, and I need to use the audience opinion lifeline.. I'm about to buy a 1995 donor explorer for the: *manual transmission swap [if I have to change entire wiring harness & computer that is ok..] *a possible axle & gear ratio swap *I will use the...
  10. T

302 swap.. Carb'd or injected?? Opinions??

I'm fed up with the 4.0, I already know I want to go to the 5.0, I'm just not sure if I want to find a 5.0 Ex and use the harness, motor and trans and direct swap, or all out custom.. Any suggestions??
  11. T

'01 maual trans/t-case swap

Picking up everything needed from a '91 donor ex. Trans, t-case, petals. Has anyone done this write-up?
  12. T

need 1995 auto to manual help!

I just picked up a '95 auto, I need some info on what I need to do to swap in a manual.. I am also in the process of swapping a dana 30 (yes I know its junk.. don't criticize, just help). I'll get more info on what is in it.. blah, blah.. unless it doesn't matter.. I'm headin to work on it when...
  13. T

Stuck 4:43am 88 Acres

Well, the wife and I decided to find some mud that hasn't dried up... ...found it... ...broke cable on cheap "come-along" hook & pulley snapped back into knee... ...truck left in woods. walk/limped home, taking a break and eating... ...then we will be off to our cousins to...
  14. T

'01 X XLT SAS advice/questions/planning

I have a pretty stock X on 31's. I am about to buy a complete inspected '76-'77 Early Bronco. I'm not positive but I know the guy said "factory front disc's" and I know him pretty well so I'm confident its '76-'77.. Anyway, I need advice about the donor axle. 1)Is it roughly the same width as...
  15. T

5r55e valve body forward control plug, please help!!

I installed the TransGo kit, and while I have the valve body out of the x I decided to give it a thorough "rebuild". Except from the parts included in the kit, everything is going back where it belongs. I am finding several of the "plungers" (for lack of the proper term) behind the solenoids to...
  16. T

Buying a warehouse

We are in the process of researching warehousing, and shops that are for sale in the Eastern part of Pennsylvania. I am posting this because I know of the huge demand for garage space of most of the people I've spoken to on here. We want to be able to offer indoor & outdoor area for storage...
  17. T

Just droppin in.!..

We signed up last night, and learned sooo much already! We can tell that this will be an excellent way to help & be helped by others who love the Explorer as much as we do. I hope to get to know ya'll around here, and if I learn anything through my travels that someone hasn't already posted...
Back