• Register Today It's free!

Buying a warehouse

Tif0ez

Reaction score
City, State
Charleroi, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 XLT
We are in the process of researching warehousing, and shops that are for sale in the Eastern part of Pennsylvania. I am posting this because I know of the huge demand for garage space of most of the people I've spoken to on here. We want to be able to offer indoor & outdoor area for storage, repairs, and projects to anyone who don't have the space now. Obviously we would have to make an income to meet the rent/lease/mortgage for the property, and I wanted to know how many of you would be interested. We are currently searching near Carlisle because it seems its in the center of several of the East Coast EF group, and its near the AFN.

We've put special interest in a few that have "office space" so that they can be converted to bedrooms for the overnight/weekend jobs, so it will eliminate having to sleep in vehicles/hotels.

Working on vehicles, modifications has always been a passion of mine, and I was fortunate to find a woman who loves me, and my love of anything on wheels (and some without!). This wouldn't only be a business with the focus of income, it would also serve as a place for all of us to come together from around the continent, to safely enjoy our passion for custom vehicles, friends, and parties ;)

We are willing to "invest" with other's on this project, you can e-mail us.. Robbie96Lisa@Hotmail.com ..for more detailed information.

Please let me know if there would be enough interest before we invest our dreams to have it chopped off at the knees.

I wish you luck. If you are serious there are two issues that you will have to resolve to accomplish you goal. First, you will need to satisfy local zoning regulations. Most localaties have a bunch of zoning ordinances that will limit the use of you site. Before you sign any lease or rental agreement, make sure the local government is backing you up. Second, is insurance. Liability insurance rates for something like this may be very high, or may not be possible to obtain.

I am not telling you to not persue this idea, just do it the right way. Make a business plan. Educate yourself about local zoning and land use issues. The small business administration often provides assistance to individuals trying to begin a small business.

The few I have looked at luckily have a some type of residence on the property and its zoned as Residential/commercial and I planned on having anyone that will be touching tools or be in the "project area" to sign releases to cover the bases.. The biggest obstacle is getting the building and going from there. Thanks for the advice though, a project this big needs thought out and as much input before opening. I am knees deep in research before a dollar is spent!

Sounds good, wish ya both luck on this.

Back