Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Zombie Assault Preparedness Vehicle or ZAPV

WELL I really liked this whole idea of Zombie evil rising and give the Armed Forces target practice our TTPs will change quickly!
  2. T

New Ford Explorer Sport: Fuel-Efficient, High-Performance SUV

OH OHHHH!!! The Gods have answered my prayers!!! Now to convince the wife to trade hers in same color and options but in Eco-Boost format!! Awesome!!
  3. T

My transmission air duct fell off

Read up on the thread below, all you really need to do is make sure that it is tigheten by YOU the owner. This way you are certain that after any service it is completely secured.
  4. T

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Will do! I'll be super sneaky!
  5. T

Explorer as a towing package

I would suggest like everyone esle to get the 4WD, beefier suspension components and as a boat owner the FWD won't cut it. Asking for problems if you got a boat and you are solely relying on a already heavy suv to pull you up wards the ramp on a slippery surfice. One of the guys a while back...
  6. T

Explorer Audio upgrade(s)

Nice and good luck on your audio project.
  7. T

2011 - 2018 Explorer Power Steering Issue

Hey man I hear your frustrations....give Cory a PM, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction and get you in contact with the right people. Also if you continue to go to the same dealer and you get the run around. I suggest you go somewhere else. I am happy to report that once they...
  8. T

Rear Bumper Protectors

Man I really like the overhang....too bad it was 4 months ago I could have used this one. Instead installed the OEM one and it has served its purpose but also breaks up the all white look out back and blends in with the lower black portion of the Ex.
  9. T

Hey VinceL....I'm doing good! I happy to report that my steering issue fix was a complete success. After 1500 miles while tugging my 4500lb boat and sure I maxed out my payload capacity. But the Explorer did great, even 75mph through Louisianian hills while towing....our Ex never once skipped a...
  10. T

Anyone in Nor Cal with a 2012 that wants nerf bars?

Can you tell us the brand i,e. Aries and what the dimensions of the box are? I'm originally from San Jose I can have family pick them up if they have all the mounting brakets and screws and if you can email me pics to joaquinjc2003@yahoo.com Thanks.
  11. T

Anyone in Nor Cal with a 2012 that wants nerf bars?

Hey VinceL.....well hopefully for St. Patty's Day we'll be playing on the boat. Been busy trying to get a team together for a mission I got going on, so no time to experiment..... I however have not been seeing my usual 28mpgs on these hilly roads in central Texas....I did manage to get the...
  12. T

Airlift Ride now Available for the X!!

Just wanted to share for those of you who haul and tow the max weights. http://www.airliftcompany.com/a-new-air-lift-1000-kit-is-now-available-for-the-ford-d3-and-d4-chassis TIO
  13. T

I've come to learn that everytime I go in for an oil change, they never fully rotate the wing screws. So I have just gotten on my knees and ensure that they are tighten down before I leave the dealer and pretty much annotate it on the Survey they request of me for their quality workmanship.
  14. T

Car Quits

Take it to the dealer, get into the habit of calling them right when it happens. Sometimes they can diagnose it and hopefully find hidden codes on what is causing it.
  15. T

curiosity

That was a tall order there Tavin! Thankfully Boss was up to the task! I sure wasnt' inclined to after being up since 4 am!
  16. T

See new ex Interceptor on TV

I know this is off the subject...but it seems that Ford decided to push the Ex with the 3.7 and not the 3.5 Eco Boost engine. They REALLY must not want to do this for some crazy reason!! I wish they would then once the first EX to be wrecked with the 3.5L would be dissected!
  17. T

new explorer

If you're 4WD they rotate front to back and its a straight swap from left to left and right to right. I have about 9k, the vehicle does have a very low interior noise decibel. It is just built that good, the tire noise I really tend which for me is minimal having the Hankooks but honestly its...
  18. T

My very brand new Explorer... already hit!!

WOW! What a bunch of old turds!
  19. T

Hood Lettering

I'd say call and talk to Casey, he actually owns the Explorer that they used the first time they went to SEMA. Just don't buy their products! You've been warned!
  20. T

New Rims

Definately do 22s for sure. I think it would have complimented a lot better. I'd use these for the rougher time of the seasons.
  21. T

Magnaflow Catback installed...

I used a 4 pound mallet, the rubber hammer thingy mabob and it didn't damage it at all. Lube it and let it penetrate some of the rust and it'll slide right off. I sent back my CGS piece of crap exhaust back and just had the OEM rewelded. Still sounds far better and quiet, might just leave it...
  22. T

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

Hmm....you know it could possibly be due to low tire pressure. If a vehicle sits at the dealer and its a demo I doubt they make sure that the air pressure is exact to OEM everytime someone else drives it. I check weekly or bi-weekly to ensure my air pressure is an even 35 sometimes I go up...
  23. T

Question for Cory

Thank you!! Over do it....:nono:...gobble gobble!!
  24. T

Question for Cory

Hi Cory, Well I am about to move out of state and want to ensure I continue to receive all information or updates and certainly don't want to miss out on that thumb drive that Ford will send out during the first Quarter of 2012 to finally update the MFT. So my question is...Is there a...
Back