Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

easy HP upgraes while engine is out?

Power mods... One thing that you could do (or should I say, have done) is port and polish the heads and intake. Porting and polishing the heads and intake means to grind out certain areas and polish the surfaces where the air flows. This process can be rather expensive ($200-$1000+, depending...
  2. C

44" boggers

Yeah, that's mostly what happened....I would get high-centered on everything from rocks, to snow and ice. I got tired of sliding uncontrollably down greasy-mud hills into things that cause body damage (stumps, rocks) and spending hours digging the snow and ice out from under my Navajo when it...
  3. C

44" boggers

I don't know what axles or engine was in the Navajo, I didn't get a chance to really go over it. I think it is owned by a customer of a 4x4 shop in Marysville. They have some pretty "insane" vehicles there. I saw an Isuzu Amigo with 44s the last time I was up there! That vehicle wasn't done...
  4. C

44" boggers

I LOVE the truck... Definitely unique. One question for you though, where in Washington are you? I am in the Everett area. I saw a Navajo a while back with 38" boggers up in Marysville...that gave me many ideas. Thanks for fueling the fire!!!
  5. C

finally...my pics, after my lift and new tires

Towing again I was wondering Big, were you towing just with the bumper before? If so, then yes, it probably would be next to impossible to tow with it with the 2x4 blocks. You may want to consider getting a towing setup where the bars are attached right to the frame (bolted and welded). I am...
  6. C

Turbo charger?

I agree with Paul about being able to turbocharge anything. I mean, think about the turbocharged diesels that redline at 3000 rpm. I think that the biggest hurdle will be the fabrication involved to mount the turbo(s). I know that on my '92, the engine bay is quite cramped already so certain...
  7. C

umm....tires?

Turner 55, What type of tire are you looking for? Mostly street, some off-road, off-road/no lift??? I was just looking in the current issue of Four Wheeler magazine at some of the wheel and tire advertisements. It seems that there are actually many different tires close to the size you want...
  8. C

Nearly WHIPLASH!!!

HuiDaddy, I don't know if ford still used the same procedures with their components, but I know that some throttle bodies have a special coating on them and there is a sticker on the throttle body that warns against using any type of solvent or cleaner on it. Anyway, I decided that this...
  9. C

Skid Plates

While we're on the subject of skidplates and other protection pieces, you may want to check out www.fourxdoctor.com and see their front differential guards. I don't know if they would have one for an IFS Dana 35, but if they don't at least the pictures will give us some ideas on how to...
  10. C

Cat Questions

Tommy 2000, how were you planning on 'cleaning' the cat? Have you looked at the inside of a cat before? If not, I'll try to explain what it looks like. Basically, imagine a screen that would be on a screen door or window, and stack the screens up so they are the entire length of the...
  11. C

two,two,two cats in one???

Wabbit, check out www.macprod.com or www.macmidwest.com-these are the websites for Mac Products. Their full catalog isn't online but I have a copy they sent me and there are a few explorer/ranger/navajo exhaust parts like headers, cats, and cat-back kits. The high-flow cat in the catalog...
  12. C

Borla vs. Flowmaster

Hey J91Ford, you said you have a Gibson cat-back. Did you notice any performance gains from that system? I am looking for something that will add some power, but not much sound. I like to keep a low profile. Also, does the tailpipe come out the back or at the stock side exit? I called...
  13. C

tjm front bumper???

Check out desertrat.com-they have quite a selection of the TJM guards/bumpers. I have been thinking of replacing the stock bumper on my Navajo with a TJM. I want to use the lights on the new bumper as the turn signals so I can remove the plastic 'valance' for a better approach angle. Has...
  14. C

five liter internal mods

George, your explorer should already have GT-40 heads, though they are referred to as the GT-40P. The only difference between regular GT-40 heads and the ones on your explorer is that the spark plug holes on the GT-40P come more straight out from the head instead of being angled. The reason...
  15. C

flowmaster 40 or 30's series? cut cat off?

You may want to check out Macprod.com This is the website for Mac Products. They make all kinds of exhaust parts for Ford, Chevy, and many motorcycles. For some reason the website doesn't show much of what they make but maybe you can get their catalog. They make several exhaust components for...
  16. C

My Truck is finally trail worthy...

Bill, I have an Auburn Pro differential in my Mustang and have never had any problems driving it on the street. It is true as far as I know that the Auburn cannot be rebuilt, but I have driven it very hard and it still works perfectly. Traction isn't a problem and I plan on installing one in...
Back