Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

2011 Headlight Replacement - Not HID

We just had our first headlight burn out. 2011 Limited, not HID Would appreciate suggestions for just a quality replacement bulb. I know companies like Sylvania make several "tiers" of replacements that are wide ranging in cost. No idea if the higher cost ones are any better. thanks.
  2. F

Bad or Burnt Exhaust smell in cabin during hard acceleration.

Did they actually leave the dealership with it and, you know take it out on the highway? Did the guy driving have severe congestion due to cold or allergies?
  3. F

Not hijacking the thread, but what steering problem are you referring to? thanks
  4. F

From what I read, some people need to start a new thread and keep this one on it's very specific and confirmed topic. This thread is about bad smell under hard acceleration, not rotten egg smell at idle.
  5. F

The smell we are getting under hard acceleration is nothing anywhere near normal.
  6. F

Just like the MFT problems; they think as long as it's fixed before you finally get rid of the car you will be satisfied/they've done their part? Definitely won't be keeping this vehicle as long as my 1998 F150 with 236,000 miles.
  7. F

MFT Update - Now More Problems

Just happened again today, didn't even make it a week. thanks
  8. F

Haven't noticed any settings changing other than that and yes, the phone (it's the only one) is staying paired.
  9. F

Pardon my ignorance, but what does the K&N intake do for you and what was the approximate cost? thanks
  10. F

The 911 assist message we have to turn off via this method about every 1 to 2 weeks. It apparently just does not approve of our preference and turns itself back on.
  11. F

Rotating Tires

I miss my small town dealer
  12. F

Rotating Tires

I discussed this with my daughter whom I was "teaching" tire changing, etc. to. Problem is, who to trust? Last trusted mechanic who had the wheels off the other car torqued them to 140 ft lbs (probably just zip gunned them on - he knows better, we even discussed). Couldn't get them...
  13. F

Rotating Tires

Yes, I know, 13,000 is too long. Have way too many things going on in life right now... thanks.
  14. F

Rotating Tires

I was thinking of rotating my tires, 2011 2WD Explorer, about 13,000 miles. 2 Questions: 1) Looks like the manual suggest a cross rotation method. I haven't done that since migrating to radial tires in the early 80's. Always told to keep them rolling the same direction. Comments? 2) How...
  15. F

I did get a call from a guy at Ford in customer service, but all he did was offer to help be a liaison with the dealer to help get it worked out. He did not claim it was a known problem with a known fix. So what concerns me is that I will drop it off at the dealer with a full tank of gas, then...
  16. F

We have this problem; 2011 Explorer 2WD, 12,000+ miles. Jackass "Service Advisor" at dealer thought maybe a plastic bag was driven over and caught on the exhaust and melted. I think after 6 months and 8000 miles it might be burnt off, don't you? Will PM CustService on the forum
  17. F

I am starting a new thread, but this kind of has roots over at: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2984107#post2984107 Rebecca, You helped at the thread above getting that annoying 911 Assist Reminder turned off. A day later we experienced a brief message on the...
  18. F

navigation system on limited a real disapointment

Rebecca, Thanks so much. We had hoped it would be that easy but 2 different Ford dealers (1 large, 1 small) both claimed they had people trained on those systems and neither could tell us there was a way to do it and how. We asked them to pass our feedback on to Ford (suggestion box???)...
  19. F

@Shamalama - interesting fix. We just had our "fix" done by the dealer. USB stick froze on us so we had no choice. for all the hoopla, all we can see is that they changed some "icons/indicators" (like the compass) and removed the outside temp from the display. Now only the driver can see...
  20. F

Vehicle Health Report not working.

We'll see how this trip ends up first; the last one we finished without the use of all the iPod music and books on tape we brought - after 4 hours the unit puked and that was the end of it (it worked the first 4 hours out of a total 60 hours in the car - $45,000 vehicle = NOT happy!)
  21. F

And they've promised a fix in 1st qtr 2012; our cars will only be a year old then. There should be an entire dept at Ford and/or Microsoft lose their jobs.
  22. F

How do you shut the darn thing off? We are on a trip and it keeps asking if we want to run one (vehicle health report). (Yes, please, then lock up and leave us stranded in the middle of nowhere!) thanks
  23. F

Oil Change interval

First Oil Change - When, Computer? 2011 Limited, FWD Car has 4300 miles, dealer said no hurry to change oil, computer will tell you when? Suggestions on when to do it? Any tricks? I see there is an air redirection cooling vent to remove, that seems kind of hoky. How do you get under...
  24. F

Anyone happen to know, Does that lose all radio station presets or have any other consequences (stored POI perhaps on NAV)?
  25. F

Do you suppose that constantly sets off the radar detector of the guy you are following?
Back