Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

DIY: Front License Plate Bracket Removal!

Hi where did you buy the bumper plugs? What size did you need? Thanks
  2. 2

2015 Sport - Black

i tinted the headlights and tail lights a little more. Makes the sport look more aggressive. I know my username says I have a white explorer but i have a black sport now. I don't know how to edit my username
  3. 2

MFT Black / Blank Screen

Is fuse #29 under the hood or the one that's under the dash that's difficult to access? I disconnected the battery and nothing changed. Do I need to have it disconnected for a certain amount of time? Thanks
  4. 2

Plasti dip parts

looks pretty sleek!
  5. 2

Ford Explorer Sport 2013 Style Black Grille

how do you even remove the front grill?
  6. 2

Plasti dip parts

It doesn't match perfect but it blends in pretty well
  7. 2

Plasti dip parts

thanks guys! Planning to do the chrome pieces on the grill, door handles, roof rack and back chrome pieces black.
  8. 2

Plasti dip parts

Not really, just had to put 4 coats of each white and pearl. Plus its cold in Fresno so I had to use a heat lamp to speed up dry time.
  9. 2

8k HIDs Installed, Plasti Handles/Door Trim/Rear Logo/Roof Rails

How did you remove the front emblem? Is there screws in the back or does it just slide out? Thanks
  10. 2

Plasti dip parts

Hi just wanted to make a thread about people who used plasti dip on their explorers. You can post pics of the parts you plasti dip. Here's the parts that I plasti dipped. I did the front grill and side mirrors. Its white with pearlizer over.
  11. 2

Cargo area, 3rd row seat back cracks.

I must have dropped them in too fast and it cracked a weak spot
  12. 2

do you know if the warranty covered it?
  13. 2

miscellaneous parts such as car parts and hardware suapplies. it probably totaled to almost 250 lbs
  14. 2

Rear cargo weight limit? How much can the rear cargo carry? I put some heavy cargo in the back with the third row seats folded down and as i was putting the heavy cargo, i heard the seats start to crack and now they dont go down as easy and they go down uneven. I hope the warranty covers this.
  15. 2

DDM Tuning HIDs! Amazing!

Yes its normal. It takes the power from the battery
  16. 2

I think if you're going to try to keep the OEM look, go for 4500-5000k bulbs.
  17. 2

Ford Remote Start Accessory

They don't have a controller that has the start, lock, unlock, panic, and hatch open button so we don't have to have to separate units?
  18. 2

explorer engine

Why didn't they put the 3.5 turbo engine from the Taurus in the new explorer? THey should have put it in the Limited explorers at least. Are they going to do that for the 2013?
  19. 2

I put the 55w 5000k hid for my headlights and 35w 5000k hid for my foglights and they look great and i have no problems with flickering or delays with the lights set on automatic settings.
  20. 2

Any group buys for aries step bars

I think it was Jose. With shipping, it came out to $220 for the black ones.
  21. 2

Yes Im happy with them. They make the eexplorer look tough and sleek and the family loves it and its easier for them to get in. The running board makes the explorer look timid.
  22. 2

It was 180 but although they say its free shipping on orders more than $100, they actually mean free shipping on non freight orders. I kinda figured that when i bought them. At first they told me it was free shipping but when they confirmed it was for non freight items, they only charged me an...
  23. 2

What have you added to your 2011 Ford Explorer since you picked it up?

Its a gel emblem sticker and you just stick it over the original emblem.
Back