Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Where to find OEM Torsion Keys

Finally got around to installing these! Took care of my clunking noise completely! Got an alignment done today and the Explorer has never drove better! Thanks guys.
  2. S

99 Explorer would like a firmer/stiffer ride. What type of shocks?

After Installing the AAL and KYB Monomax shocks on mine the ride was much noticeably stiffer. Makes it ride more like you would expect it too instead of floating and lurching around lol.
  3. S

Wheels for 31x10.50's with no lift

I just ordered tires only, so I am going to stick with the stock rims. After doing some searching it seems like a lot of people here run that setup and it seems good.
  4. S

I just don't know what to do.
  5. S

Do you think the aftermarket wheels would have more chance of rubbing than the stockers?
  6. S

I am thinking of running 31's with no TT. I did have to do an AAL to get my 97 AWD to sit level so maybe it sits a little higher in the front than some. Do the 31's have a better chance of not rubbing if they are on the factory 7 inch wide wheels? I was looking at doing a wheel/tire package on...
  7. S

Got the ebay ones orderd. Thanks swshawaii!
  8. S

Anyone running 31 x 10.50 with no tt?

I am also thinking of running 31's with no TT. I did have to do an AAL to get mine to sit level so maybe it sits a little higher in the front than some. Do the 31's have a better chance of not rubbing if they are on the factory 7 inch wide wheels? I was looking at doing a wheel/tire package on...
  9. S

Anybody know where I can get any new ones?
  10. S

I did read that the 98 and up had a differently designed pad than the 95-97. Maybe that is what you've got? Can you post a picture?
  11. S

Can you replace just the pad? I thought they were bonded to the key somehow.
  12. S

I forgot to add, have any of you used the aftermarket keys? If so, did they stop the clunking? I would think it would be even worse with those based on the picture but I would like to hear your input? Not really looking for a lift but if they are my only option I could just re install my adjust...
  13. S

Hey guys, my wifes 97 AWD has developed the Torsion bar key clunking. I looked at it and it looks like the kevlar pad is getting smooshed out like a lot of them seem too. I was wondering where I can find the replacement OEM keys? I've check on fastpartsnetwork and a few other places but they all...
  14. S

2005 AWD turns on accel and decel

You might try posting this in the 02-05 section since you have an 05.
  15. S

How To Repair 2-3 Shift Flare

Well I sent Danny over at Central Valve Bodies an email. I looked at the stickys and did some searching here and on ranger-forums and It sounds like if I replace my valve body with one of his with all the upgrades it should fix my problem. I may do a band adjustment while im in there too. Let me...
  16. S

How To Repair 2-3 Shift Flare

Hey guys, I have the 2-3 shift flare problem on my 04 4.0 Ranger. When my Ranger shifts from 2nd to 3rd at wide open throttle I get a jump of about 500 rpm when it starts to shift and then it sort of thuds into 3rd gear. My trans works just fine other than this. I was wondering what the most...
  17. S

Will a 31 inch tire fit in the OE factory spare tire location?

Thats good to know. I think I am going to go with some 30in BFG's. Sounds like I also shouldn't have a problem with the spare fitting either.
  18. S

You know I just realized that a 235/75/15 is only 28.9 inches tall. I'm thinking I may go with 30x9.50x15, I know the 31s would look better but that might be a little bit too big of a size jump, I would hate for them to rub.
  19. S

Hey guys, my wifes 97 Explorer AWD 5.0L needs new tires soon and I think I am going to replaced the 235/75/15's with some 31x10.5x15 tires. I figure with it being AWD I better replace the spare tire as well so they are all the same diameter. I was wondering if there is enough space for the 31in...
  20. S

Two different sets of tires

I dont recomend this either. You will have less grip on the front off road, and less grip from the rear on road. You will expierence heavy understeer or oversteer depending on what you are driving on.
  21. S

Best shocks for the money

I am a big fan of the KYB MonoMax shocks. I have them on my 04 Ranger and I just installed them on my 97 Explorer. They are very stiff, but I like a little firmer ride.
  22. S

885 Fog light bulbs in stock housing

I think I will probably just stick with the 899's then. I wish phillips made some x treme powers in this bulb but I will probably go with those Nighthawks. They seem like a pretty good bulb. I do still need to modify it so I can keep my fog lights on with my high beams and park lights though.
  23. S

885 Fog light bulbs in stock housing

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you have run the 885 fog light bulbs in the stock housing (square foglight on my 97 ex)? They are 50w vs. the stock 35w 899 bulbs. I just dont want to buy them and find out they are too hot for the stock housing or that my stock wiring isnt enough to run them...
  24. S

Bulb Upgrades for my 97 XLT

What would you reccomend for fog light bulbs?
  25. S

Bulb Upgrades for my 97 XLT

Hey guys, I am wanting to upgrade the bulbs on my 97 Explorer XLT. The headlight assemblies are in really good shape (no yellowing). The drivers foglight is yellowing, but the pass side is good. I though I would get a new fog light for the drivers side. I was thinking of putting some phillips...
Back